Manager, Merchandise Execution
Posted on: September 24, 2022
-The Style Merchandise Manager drives sales, profit and an
extraordinary customer experience by leading and developing
strategies that bring Macy's Own Your Style to life through
compelling merchandise execution and impactful visual
presentations. The Style Merchandise Manager leads a team of
colleagues who are responsible for ensuring the merchandise in
their Macy's Store is ready for the customer to shop. -This role
leads all activities from receipt of product to ensuring the
product is floor ready for customer purchase. - These activities
include merchandising, product movement, price changes, signage,
visual execution, event set-up and reverse logistics. -
- Inspire Fashion and Style through compelling merchandise
presentation and visual statements.
- Lead DEI through mannequin and trend presentations inspiring
customers to find their personal style.
- Drive sales and profit results by leading and developing
strategies and appropriately planning/executing workload on the
following: pricing, signing, visual execution, merchandise
execution, event execution.
- Deliver impactful visual presentations (mannequin styling,
window installations, trend statements, fixture placement and
consistency, wall formats, visual collateral).
- Provide strategic support for Own Your Style fixtures/fashion
and trend set ups. Follow centrally provided style and fashion
inspiration on a monthly and seasonal cadence, but leverage own
knowledge and curiosity for current fashion, styling and trends
along with a passion for creating an inspiring customer
- Drive optimal merchandise execution standards, dissect seasonal
and monthly execution guides and tailor to store architecture and
assortment. Drive the communication, execution and training of all
visual merchandising directives, merchandising standards for each
family of business, and brand partner standards to ensure the floor
is always customer-ready. Follow ADA standards. Seek appropriate
feedback from Division and Region partners.
- Actively seek and share best practice photos and actions with
peers and team.
- Actively participate and communicate in monthly conference
calls with District Visual Director.
- Train and develop the Customer Experience Manager and hourly
colleagues on merchandise placement, execution and style, including
- Execute the inventory management strategy in collaboration with
Supply Chain to support end of year inventory process.
- Communicate and collaborate to support receipt flow, placement,
and stockroom management.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, including visual
signage, key item placement, and seasonal fashion trend statements,
lead sales event set-up.
- Collaborate with Omni Operations Manager to oversee management
of RFID program.
- Analyze merchandising reports to review business results and
develop appropriate strategies to capitalize on business strengths
and impact deficiencies. -
- Foster an environment of safety and support MBA in risk/safety
- Facilitate effective workload planning process to accomplish
tasks and plan appropriate time for merchandise and visual
presentations to support the customer experience.
- Direct and organize merchandise receipt placement,
replenishment and sales promotion set-up; plan, execute and lead
floor/fixture moves, merchandise placement and presentation while
ensuring compliance is maintained to support merchandise protection
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop,
coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports;
establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support;
direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral
expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with
- Utilize check-in process as a tool for Colleague talent
development, promotion and advancement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. - -
- High School Diploma or equivalent. - Some college preferred,
but not required. -
- A minimum of 3-5 years retail management in a department or
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to
draft reports and other communications, effectively present to
management and internal and external business partners, and
interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. - -
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger,
handle, and feel; frequently required to stand, walk, reach with
hands and arms; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25
lbs., climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; requires
close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division. - -
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. -
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and
time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and RF equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. -
Keywords: Macy's, Austin , Manager, Merchandise Execution, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!