City Manager, Austin
Company: Velocity Black
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Velocity, one of the world's fastest growing technology
companies, is looking for an Austin City Manager to join the
company as it embarks on the next exciting phase of its journey:
Velocity harnesses the power of artificial intelligence, the warmth
of human experts, and the convenience of the latest interfaces to
help high performance people realise the full potential of their
Backed by $28mn in venture capital, we are one of the world's
fastest growing companies - the the Financial Times ranked us the
32nd fastest growing company headquartered in Europe over the last
4 years. We have delivered in over 60 countries for a membership
whose net worth is over $300 billion.
Velocity Black offers a simple customer experience, harnessing
human experts and artificial intelligence to streamline
time-consuming tasks that once required multiple apps and services.
We have reimagined discovery, access, and booking for 21st century
life - welcome to the conversational interface.
By harnessing 24/7 chat, AI and mobile payments, we help our
customers do more and be more in the digital age - from access to
the most exclusive restaurants, to guaranteed upgrades at the
world's finest resorts to sourcing the most sought-after luxury
goods. Make a custom request through the app and you will be
chatting to our team within 1 minute, 24/7/365.
By offering inspiration, recommendation, and fulfilment in one
place across multiple verticals, Velocity becomes a one-stop shop,
and an integral part of our members' lives.
What unites us are the values we share: the relentless pursuit and
celebration of excellence, realising the full potential of our
lives and impacting the world in a positive way.
The Role - Austin City Manager
- You will be responsible for the delivery of our promise to our
members in Austin - 'localising the core DNA of Velocity
- Leveraging the global reach, resources and brand of Velocity
Black with granular local expertise and up to the minute knowledge
of the best Austin has to offer in order to develop the local
- Growing the community of high performance, HNW members in your
- Responsible for hiring, training, managing and nurturing talent
in your city, with a primary focus on membership community growth,
as well as fine dining and local event specialists.
- Managing the P&L for your city, ensuring it is utilised
with the highest ROI with regard to maximising the relevant
- Overseeing the conceiving of and execution of regular member
events at inspired locations in your city.
- You will work closely with our Membership, CRM, and Operations
teams to ensure frictionless integration of city-level and
- You will be responsible for the upholding of our Velocity
culture throughout your teams - focused around high performance and
exceeding customer expectations.
- Our cultural pillars of Adaptability, Initiative, Yes First,
Resilience and Ownership should be conspicuous in everything your
- You will need to be extremely organized, and able to move
seamlessly from assisting a team member with a challenging customer
situation, to assessing priorities and progress from strategic
- Fully remote until at least Summer 2022
- Competitive Salary and cash bonus based on performance.
- An equity options package in one of the world's fastest growing
tech companies (we are the 32nd fastest growing company
headquartered in Europe according to the FT).
- High quality health and dental package, and 60% of a gym
membership subsidised by the company.
- Immediate and accelerating responsibility and ownership of key
deliverables for our customers.
Please expect a rigorous and challenging recruitment process. We
take pride in the exacting standards we keep, and we hope you will
relish the challenge.
Keywords: Velocity Black, Austin , City Manager, Austin, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!