Chief Advancement Officer
Company: Hire Better
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Chief Advancement Officer Austin Texas
The Role: Chief Advancement Officer Location: Austin, Texas
HireBetter's client is a community informed 501(c)(3) non-profit
organization dedicated to providing access to culturally affirming,
quality health services in a safe and supportive environment with
an expertise in serving LGBTQIA+ people and people impacted by HIV.
Since 2015, the organization has provided health services without
stigma or judgment and has empowered the community through outreach
The Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) is a strategic leader and
partner with the executive team responsible for advancing the
mission of the company through philanthropic revenue generation and
communications functions. The CAO will be directly responsible for
soliciting major gifts and cultivating relationships of major
donors. - The CAO will design and execute plans to generate
philanthropic revenue (e.g. donations, grants, corporate and
private foundation grants and gifts, etc.), and communicate with
stakeholders and audiences through various mediums and functions
including marketing/advertising, public relations, social media for
various purposes such as philanthropic revenue generation,
organizational needs, advertising to support growth, education and
awareness, combatting stigma, etc. The CAO will lead a team of
people to support the execution of fundraising and communication
- Develops and solicits gifts from prospective major
- Steward existing major donor relationships
- Evaluate the philanthropic revenue needs of the organization
and develop goals to advance the mission
- Create and execute strategies to grow philanthropic/contributed
revenue from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other
avenues as appropriate
- Partner with CEO, Board Chair, and others as appropriate for
- Serve as executive liaison for board committees pertaining to
- Serve as an ambassador, champion, and spokesperson of the
mission of Texas Health Action and its programs
- Lead a team of people responsible for fundraising, marketing
and advertising, creative and content creation, social media, and
- Provide management, mentorship, and development opportunities
for staff within reporting scope
- Ensure the voice and brand presence across platforms and
mediums for all messaging is reflective of Texas Health Action and
- Provide strategic direction for marketing and advertising
functions in concert with appropriate stakeholders
- H.S. Diploma or Bachelor's Degree required.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in the fundraising/development field with
a proven track record of successfully developing and executing
large-scale fundraising campaigns is required.
- 2 years of experience in overseeing marketing, advertising, or
other communications functions is required.
- Experience in healthcare preferred but not required.
- Experience with LGBTQIA+ and/or other marginalized communities
a strong plus.
- Microsoft Office Skills with an ability to become familiar with
company or position specific programs or software.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able
to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy
and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with
diverse people groups.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in
English; Additional language abilities desirable.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal
- Ability to effectively interact with persons of widely diverse
roles, backgrounds, cultures, and socio-economic classes, those in
crises or resistant or negative toward organizations.
- Ability to apply time management practices to prioritize,
schedule and complete work effectively to comply with mandated
policies and deadlines.
- Must be able to work productively with other departments and
- Ability to work with professionals from various partners and
- Usually works forty (40) hours per week, some weekends may be
- Ability to successfully manage conflict, negotiating "win-win"
- Must possess leadership qualities and be able to supervise and
secure the cooperation of
- Ability to express and exchange ideas via spoken word during
activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken
instructions to others accurately, sometimes quickly and
- Perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers.
Individual must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally and to be able to lift, carry, push, pull, or
otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to work and concentrate amidst distractions such
as noise, conversation, and foot traffic; ability to handle
interruptions often and be able to move from one task to
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website
at . Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess
work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now
or in the future.
Tagged as: Chief Advancement Officer
Keywords: Hire Better, Austin , Chief Advancement Officer, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!