Director / Sr Engineering Manager - Security Services Engineering_
Company: Salesforce.com, Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying
for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not
duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob
DetailsAs the Senior engineering manager leading the design,
development, deployment and ongoing maintenance of the Foundational
Security Microservices, you will drive and deliver on strategy and
vision to help Salesforce engineers deliver Vault, PKI, SecDs, KMS,
KaaS and Strauz services in support of enabling Salesforce to work
on Alibaba Cloud.You will collaborate closely with legal &
compliance, Security assurance and peer teams in the automated
delivery and deployment of these services to the Alibaba Cloud.You
will do so by inspiring a group of talented engineers to mine
internal and external repositories, and by leveraging our Public
Cloud microservice architecture to implement solutions that span
Salesforce products.This position requires expertise in the
security and familiarity in the compliance space, excellent
technical skills, extensive developing software in public cloud
environments, and outstanding analytical, servant leadership, and
collaboration skills. It is a cross-functional leadership role that
requires evangelization of compliance best practices, alignment
building, and communication across the broader engineering
- Work closely with peers from engineering, security, and
compliance teams to identify and provide strategic solutions for
compliance and application feature gaps.
- Serve as the de-facto Product Owner for the team, assisting in
defining the scope and priority of assignments
- Responsible for technology delivery.
- Hire and mentor team members to build core competencies in
architecture, standards development, and recommended
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in managing, mentoring, and leading
software engineering teams
- 5 years of hands-on software development experience
- Excellent software project management skills
- Background in security engineering, specifically user
authentication, certificate and key management, Identity management
- Experience with attracting and growing talent
- Experience with repository/artifact management (Artifactory,
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other public cloud
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as
Jenkins, Spinnaker, Gitlab CI, etc.
- Experience with microservices design and implementation.
- Experience with container management frameworks including
Kubernetes (EKS and GKE), Docker and Terraform.
- Youre collaborative and team-oriented, willing and able to
support a growing and dynamic development team.
- Innovator with good ideas, strong problem-solving abilities,
and a results-oriented attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsDesired
- Experience with secret management tooling such as Vault, AWS
Secrets Manager, or Azure Key Vault.
- Experience with cryptography primitives, authentication such as
Single-Sign On, OpenID Connect/OAuth.AccommodationsIf you require
assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please
submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form
.Posting StatementAt Salesforce we believe that the business of
business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a
responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society
through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay,
employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more
about Equality at Salesforce and explore our
benefits.Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or
identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran
status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do
not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party
agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with
Salesforce.com (http://salesfore.com/) or Salesforce.org
.Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring,
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Salesforce.com, Inc, Austin , Director / Sr Engineering Manager - Security Services Engineering_, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!