Director, Business Development
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Director, Business DevelopmentCome join the world's largest
independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy
storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a
leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable
zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the
world's energy future.RES offers a comprehensive benefits package,
including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life
insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid
parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center
membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional
development.Summary:RES, in its 40th year, now supports over 9GW of
operational renewable generation and energy storage projects
globally. We are looking for a dynamic professional to help achieve
growth in the expanding support services market in North America.
This is an exciting ground floor opportunity for you to help shape
and lead the growth of the North American team.Reporting to the
SVP, Support Services, you will lead business development
activities specific to RES' Operations & Maintenance and Asset
Management services throughout North America for wind, solar, and
BESS projects. The primary responsibility is to identify and engage
our clients to build a pipeline of O&M and AM business
opportunities in North America.Specific tasks:
- Close O&M and AM service contracts in North America for
wind, solar, and battery storage projects.
- Create proposals, quotes, and respond to formal RFPs working
with legal and executive teams to negotiate contract terms and
- Create sales pipeline and campaigns.
- Research and identify new markets, growth areas, trends,
opportunities, customers and create account strategies to foster
mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships.
- Identify and vet potential opportunities and develop overall
- Manage business relationships with existing clients.
- Work and coordinate with internal commercial, engineering, and
support services teams to develop comprehensive and project
- Stay current on asset management market conditions and trends
to business leaders.
- Represent RES at industry events (trade shows and
webinars/seminars) to network and foster relationships.
- Coordinate with RES' other business development professionals
in North America and globally.
- Contribute to several ongoing support services
- Experience quickly establishing, developing, and closing sales
- Must have wind, solar, and BESS experience.
- 5 or more years of O&M and Asset Management, energy, and
- Previous B2B sales/business development experience; knowledge
of CRM software.
- Experience identifying and securing project opportunities.
- Experience evaluating project risk and opportunity.
- Network of IPP and investors contacts; networking skills.
- Can discuss technical, financial, and compliance related
concepts with asset owners.
- Customer service motivated to assess specific needs and use
RES' global technical expertise to provide value engineered
- High energy, positive and ability to work well in a team
- Ability to travel 20% to 40% as needed - customer meetings,
project sites, tradeshows/event.
- Bachelor's degree. Business development
certificates/diplomas.Physical requirements and environment:The
work environment and physical demands characteristics are
representative of those you encounter while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Perform sedentary office tasks with travel to
other Company and Client offices or project sites. You may
occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit,
stand, walk and use a computer.Early morning or late evening
teleconferences are occasionally required to speak with global
colleagues or vendors.We maintain a drug-free workplace. You must
pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a
condition of employment.Anticipated base salary range: $140,000 -
$180,000The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual
education, qualifications, experience, and work location. You will
be bonus eligible.RES is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: RES, Austin , Director, Business Development, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!