Company: McGuire Moorman
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Description:Job Title: Service ManagerLocation: Joann's Fine
Foods or Ski Shore Caf-- or Lambert'sReports to: General
ManagerEmployment Status: Full-Time, Exempt-Salary
At MML Hospitality we are on a mission to create the world's
chicest hotels and restaurants. Led by visionary hotelier Liz
Lambert, and powerhouse restauranteurs Larry McGuire & Tom Moorman,
we believe in a seamless combination of food, service, and design.
We create refined hospitality through attention to detail,
storytelling, and extraordinary dining and retail experiences. MML
is expanding at a steady pace. We currently manage and own the
75-room Hotel Saint Vincent in New Orleans, and we have two hotel
projects in development in Aspen and in Austin that we will also
own and manage. In addition to the nearly twenty restaurants, we
currently operate or have under development, MML is also the
F&B consultant at the Austin Proper Hotel, overseeing three
restaurants, banquets, and in-room dining across the property. MML
has a unique plan to own and operate each of its properties and the
financial backing to only take on special projects in places we
want to spend time.
We are looking for a team leader who is energetic, detail-oriented,
analytical, rigorous, highly organized, passionate about
hospitality, and experienced. We are looking for a Service Manager
for one of our MML restaurants, Joann's Fine Foods or Ski Shore
Caf-- or Lambert's, or June's. This Individual should also create a
culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
Advanced interpersonal skills to help navigate complex working
relationships and a strategic mindset that allows to plan and
develop talent management, training, and safety.
MML Hospitality Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- 401k + Match
- PTO, Sick Pay, and Personal Days
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Long/Short Term Disability, and
- Wine Education Reimbursement
- MML Restaurant, Hotel, Gym, and Retail Discounts
- Advancement and Community Service Opportunities
- Relocation Assistance
Essential Functions and Duties:The position of Restaurant Service
Manager is an overall leadership position responsible for the
overall quality of guest experience, food & service, financial
performance, and maintenance of the property and all staff within
it. Responsibilities include the following overall daily operations
but are not limited to:
- Work productively with GM and MML Executive Team to exceed
guest expectations, provide great service, and memorable guest
- Capture and retention of regular guests
- Upkeep of product cost, R&M, and expense control
- Reporting and accounting of Areas of Responsibilities to
General Manager and MML Executive Team
- Work with the MML beverage team and restaurant team to create &
maintain exciting, accessible, profitable, and fun wine and
- Mentor, train, and develop existing and new employees to
enhance their beverage knowledge, hospitality, administrative
abilities, and operations skills to create enjoyable,
quality-driven wine programs that correlate to the concepts and
goals of the restaurants. This includes but is not limited to
developing educational programs, cultivating, and engaging in guest
relations, and executing private events on the property.
- Instill & expand wine service standards and education for the
restaurant, extending to staff development/education opportunities
during daily shifts & monthly meetings. Create tech sheets and
producer profiles to distribute to the team, as well as coordinate
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the wine and beverage
- Participate in and ensure the execution/completion of all
standard MML inventory practices on property monthly
- Drive an increase in wine sales and profit on the property
while maintaining cost control.
- Attend & participate in weekly MML Beverage Classes, as the
- Completion of quarterly and annual company-wide training.
- Maintenance of Restaurant to MML & Travis County Health
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
environment.Education and Experience:
- Four years progressive experience in high volume food
production or catering
- At least two years previous experience in a well-established
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
functions. While performing the duties of this position, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to
stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate.
MML Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability,
veteran status or any other prohibited basis. It is our intention
that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that
selection decisions be based on job related factors.
Keywords: McGuire Moorman, Austin , Service Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!