Technical Program Manager
Company: Flex Ltd.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees
thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we
strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and
purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful,
inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the
opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and
join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and
improve people's lives.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and
contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Technical Program
Manager located in Austin, TX.
Reporting to the Program Management Manager the Technical Program
Manager role involves being responsible for one or more customer
projects from the initial engagement on a board until the last
prototype build has been completed.
What a typical day looks like:
- Execute the role of team leader for all NPI build related
- Evaluate Customer products for assembly requirements.
- Report DFM and DFT analysis and close with Customer on
resolution of issues.
- Maintain communications with Customer on technical issues and
modifications to build plans.
- Proactively resolve problems that could cause delays in meeting
Customer schedule commits.
- Develop new processes to meet Customer needs.
- Be a driving force in ensuring that the transfer of information
to the Production Engineering organization (at the production site)
is complete, effective and timely.
- Report progress during the builds and final build reports to
- Maintain an awareness of the in-process defects and customer
- Generate action plans to correct the process to eliminate
defects. Ensure that the Customer is delighted with the service and
support provided by the NPI team.
- Perform the technical part of the job to exceed customer
expectations and achieve very high CSI ratings.
- Develop schedules for meeting customer prototype delivery
- Communicate delivery commitments to the Customer
- Work with Customer to understand new product opportunities and
requirements for new technologies
- Effectively communicate information to the Customer and the
Flex management team
- Negotiate changes in delivery schedules as required
- Have total ownership of CSI ratings
- Work with Materials Planning to ensure that aspect of the build
readiness is being handled
- Handle financial aspects of the project. This includes quoting,
receipt of purchase orders, requesting sales orders, analyzing the
financial results, and taking action to improve the gross profit
margin for the project.
The experience we're looking to add to our team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 2-5 years' experience in program management or product
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Relocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection
decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We
celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy
status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to
provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for
assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any
accommodations you may need by e-mailing:
Keywords: Flex Ltd., Austin , Technical Program Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!