General Manager - Austin, TX
Company: Kitchen United
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Role: General ManagerSalary: Up to $70,000 annually, Depending
on ExperienceLocation: 8023 Burnet Rd, Austin 78757About Kitchen
United:Kitchen United is a new-to-the-world multi-unit concept that
meets at the intersection of three food megatrends: localization,
delivery, and artisanal production. Kitchen United provides the
commercial kitchen infrastructure to enable big restaurant brands
to get closer to their customers, all types of restaurants to
optimize their footprint for off-premise dining occasions.About the
Role:Kitchen United is looking for a General Manager that plays an
integral role in our ambitious growth plans. As an accomplished
food-service leader, you will be accountable for running food safe
facilities, running the business with a fully trained & service
orientated workforce and handling a variety of tasks (planned &
unplanned) that come with being an operational superstar. In this
role, you can expect to:Administration (20%)
- Meet financial objectives by monitoring and managing costs
(including labor & maintenance) through effective forecasting,
variance analysis and minimizing waste.
- Achieve KU operational objectives by contributing information
and recommendations to strategic plans; preparing and completing
action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and
customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits;
determining system improvements; implementing change
- Be responsible for talent lifecycle; recruiting, hiring,
training, and retaining top talent, reducing annual turnover within
your Kitchen Center.
- Retains a pipeline of talent potentials in anticipation of
succession needs, and turnover.
- Ensure all performance reviews are undertaken in a timely
manner and with thorough that and attention
- Ensure team member development plans are executed in accordance
with KU development competencies
- Ensure that all timecards are processed on time and with
accuracy. Including management of sick time, overtime, personal or
medical leaves, vacation requests etc.
- Administer employee discipline in accordance with KU's
progressive disciplinary procedures and work expectation program
Results & Operations (80%)
- Provide ongoing training and development for internal
- Coordinate and manage all activity associated to the
operational objectives of each Kitchen Center
- Lead your team members in achieving Kitchen United's service
standards, operating processes and standards of excellence.
- Maintain a professional and accountable Kitchen Center
environment at all times.
- Builds effective relationships with all team members,
restaurant partners, and corporate support partners.
- Fosters great relationships and assists with 3rd party delivery
drivers, vendors and being a key part of our operations team
providing excellent support to our member "partners".
- Maintain the kitchen center facility by ensuring that all
preventive maintenance services are scheduled and performed and by
reacting to emergency repairs in a timely manner.
- Delivers financial & customer metrics by monitoring member
satisfaction, restaurant sales, forecasting requirements; consumer
reviews; optimizing labor schedules & overtime utilization;
inventory control, waste management and more.
- Exemplifies a high standard of service that permeates across
the entire team to keep kitchen members (cooks); drivers & guests
happy & content with their Kitchen United experience.
- Conduct new restaurant member on-boarding and orientation
activities to aid the transition of a restaurant into a Kitchen
United center. Scheduling tours, conducting new member orientations
and leading the restaurant on-boarding process (including receiving
signed agreements, filing of proper documentation, utility
management and facility administration).
- Maintain productive and cordial relationships with all
restaurant partners and their staff. Escalating any onsite conduct
issues to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by
establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and
procedures; complying with local, state & federal legal
regulations; developing and implementing disaster plans;
maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking
lots and walkways.
- Abide by all local, state & federal labor laws and seek
assistance where required from head office.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed as it
relates to the General Manager role.
- Proven record of 3-5 years managing a team(s) within the
restaurant, retail, hospitality, and operations industries.
- High energy levels with an ability to multitask, provide
direction and handle ambiguity with ease.
- Developed, motivated and shaped a team for success through
recruitment, training, delegation, scheduling & coaching
- Impeccable communicator with the ability to navigate varying
- A process mindset with a keen eye for details and excellence in
- Have worked in a B2B/B2C environment - e.g., franchising,
- Capability to use technology to interpret data, delegate tasks,
communicate with a cross functional team and head office.
- A thirst for knowledge, a curiosity to learn more and a
willingness to try new things to improve the business and/ or
identify operational efficiencies.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Vacation days to enjoy some time off
- Sick days to get yourself better
- 401k Plan to plan for your future
- Besides our amazing MIX benefits program we offer to full time
team members, you will get to meet new MIX people and MIX it up
with a fun team!
Keywords: Kitchen United, Austin , General Manager - Austin, TX, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!