Community Outreach Manager
Company: Foundation Communities
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionFoundation Communities is a nonprofit affordable
housing and community service provider based in Austin, Texas. At
our two Prosper Centers and 20+ housing communities throughout
Austin, we provide health, education, and financial stability
programming for community members with lower incomes. Community
programs include health initiatives, free tax preparation, college
support services, and financial wellness. The primary goal of the
Outreach & Communications Manager is to increase community member
and resident participation across programs. Through our community
programs, we serve more than 25,000 community members and residents
of our affordable housing annually. The Outreach & Communications
Manager is a new position and will be responsible for developing
and implementing a plan to increase engagement and participation
across program areas, with a focus on bringing in thousands of new
program participants. This position will build on existing outreach
efforts and coordinate with program staff to develop and implement
new program recruitment strategies that may include multiple
communication platforms. The person in this position will promote
and incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion in planning and
implementation of all outreach activities.Primary
- Develop and execute a plan for increasing participation and
engagement with community programs, with a focus on bringing in new
clients and increasing resident participation.
- Supervise outreach coordinator and outreach specialist
- Assess communication plans with other FC departments, key
programs staff, and residents to evaluate scope and need for each
program and community in coordination with FC's Communications and
- Develop and manage internal communication channels with
- Improve and create opportunities to gather input and feedback
from residents and clients, which may include surveys, focus groups
and other tools.
- Run or oversee social media, digital media, and earned media
strategies for program outreach in coordination with Communications
and Marketing Manager.
- Establish two-way communication with key constituents,
including current and prospective clients, to identify program gaps
and barriers to participation.
- Serve as principal staff liaison to the Resident Engagement
Committee of the FC Board of Directors.
- Effectively assess the impact of outreach initiatives and
continuously evaluate emerging needs.
- Tailor messaging, materials, and outreach methods to key
- Build strategic partnerships with community-based organizations
that serve lower income community members to facilitate program
- Collaborate with FC's Communications and Marketing Manager on
efforts to increase awareness of Foundation Communities and our
- At least 3 years of experience with community organizing,
communications, community outreach, and/or other forms of
- Proven ability to engage thousands of community members through
a broad range of outreach and communication strategies (grassroots
outreach, earned media, social media, digital media, etc.)
- Experience leading the development of robust outreach and
communications plans that lead to increased community and/or client
- Ability to generate earned media coverage for programs by
drafting press releases, engaging with media members, and helping
to coordinate press events.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing, with community members from diverse backgrounds. Bilingual
in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include evenings and
weekends as needed for community engagement activities. Position
InformationThis is a full-time (40 hours/week) salaried,
benefit-eligible position with an annual salary of $65,000 to
$70,000 based on experience. Foundation Communities provides an
excellent benefits package including employer paid health benefits,
401(k) investment opportunity, Employee Assistance Program, paid
vacation, holiday, and sick time. This position is part of the
Prosper Programs team and reports to the Director of Prosper
Programs. This is an in-person position based out of our main
office at 3000 S IH 35 Svc Rd, Austin, TX 78704. In compliance with
Foundation Communities' duty to provide and maintain a workplace
that is free of known hazards, Foundation Communities is requiring
all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they
request and receive a reasonable accommodation.How to Apply: Submit
your resume and a brief cover letter that outlines why you are
interested in the position and why you are a strong candidate.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.
Powered by JazzHRlovOKkRLMS
Keywords: Foundation Communities, Austin , Community Outreach Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!