VP, Digital Product Manager - Financial Services
Posted on: August 6, 2022
PIMCO launched the Global Digital group in 2018 to build and
lead all aspects of a portfolio of digital products for clients and
PIMCO Account Managers. The team is focused on building products
that will be a significant benefit to clients and complement
PIMCO's asset management services and expertise. This fast growing
and innovative "start-up" is seeking a Digital Product Manager who
will contribute broadly to the client servicing platform (called
PIMCO Pro) in addition to having a focus in digital products and
services related to separates, fund accounts, alternatives and
other investment types. In partnership with the business and
subject matter experts, the Product Manager will be responsible for
product strategy, managing a multi-year digital product vision, and
driving forward the build and maintenance of digital products.
Specifically, the Product Manager will oversee PIMCO's Separately
Managed Account servicing platform and workflows and products
related to managed accounts and strategies, requiring some
expertise in investing and financial planning concepts.
ResponsibilitiesThe VP Digital Product Manager will be responsible
for building high quality experiences for our users, which includes
financial advisors, institutional clients and PIMCO account
managers who service these clients. Candidates for this role will
have proven experience in making the complex simple and be
obsessively user centric, making product decisions based on user
preferences, data and research. In addition, candidates will be
comfortable with financial concepts including portfolio
construction, asset allocation, and risk management and financial
planning concepts including social security planning and retirement
de-accumulation. We are seeking candidates who understand these
subjects and will also be able to interact confidently with PIMCO
clients and Account Managers to digest user feedback and
preferences. Prior financial services experience, preferably within
wealth management or asset management is required. Industry
credentials (CFA, CFP, etc.) are a plus. Candidates will be highly
collaborative, as the role requires partnership with design and
engineering daily to conceive, test, and implement new products.
Experience working in agile software development environments is
preferred but not required. Experience building stand-alone
products and integrating partner or agency work is highly valued,
given PIMCO is pursuing a combination of build and partner
strategies across the product portfolio.Important to note, this
role will not be responsible for Marketing or Digital Marketing but
will partner closely with those global teams as needed on launch
and distribution strategy.
- Define feature scope, dependencies, and risks, and ensure that
they are well documented and communicated appropriately.
- Partner with design to formulate user stories and requirements
for Engineering and QA.
- Refine the user journey, uncover user insights, and identify
key user needs to focus product roadmap on supporting key business
- Partner with PIMCO's internal Compliance, Marketing, and Funds
groups to build compliant and industry-leading user
- Partner with Data Insights to perform analysis to research,
identify, validate, launch, and iterate features that reflect the
needs of our users.
- Collaborate with internal partners to define key problems that
inform your product strategy and priorities.
- Identify and champion product management best practices that
fit the team and its environment.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution.
- 10+ years of experience in product management or a similar
- 7+ years of financial services or fintech experience
- Adept at writing user stories and requirements in both agile
and traditional software development methodologies.
- Proven track record of articulating a product vision,
implementing strategy, and managing partners
- Strong analytical abilities, including quantitative and
qualitative data analysis.
- Experience facilitating and running communication channels
within the project, including meetings, workshops, email, and
- Proficient in using SaaS-based collaboration tools (such as
JIRA or SmartSheets) to manage feature development from research to
- Experience with Jira, Trello, Pivotal Tracker, Confluence, MS
Office, Google Analytics, Adobe
- Experience with UI/UX or consumer insights
- Technical degree in computer science or technical project work
- Ability to work daily with engineering, communicate features
and software architecture ideas
- Knowledge of QA standard processes
- Interest and passion for all things digital
- Understanding of client journey mapping
- Fintech or financial services experience
Keywords: PIMCO, Austin , VP, Digital Product Manager - Financial Services, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!