Sr Operations Manager
Company: Michael Angelo's
Posted on: August 5, 2022
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for setting the
vision and direction of the company's production facility to obtain
optimum efficiency of operations and maximize profits in alignment
with the Vision, Mission, and Values. The Senior Operations Manager
is accountable for achieving the factory's key performance. This
position drives programs related to the manufacturing of quality
products, in a timely, safe, and efficient manner to meet the
expectations of the customers at the appropriate quality and cost
levels. The Senior Operations Manager will develop operational
budgets and have accountability to meeting the financial, safety,
quality and customer service objectives of the company.The Senior
Operations Manager reports to the VP of Manufacturing. This
position oversees the Production Managers and Supervisors (all
shifts). Key contacts include Warehouse, CI, Safety, Maintenance,
R&D, Finance, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, external
customers, suppliers/vendors, regulatory agencies, and senior
- Provide leadership and direction to Production Managers to
accomplish company goals and objectives in an accurate, safe, and
timely manner. This includes:
- Oversees Manufacturing.
- Selects and develops an effective, well-skilled team.
- Provides guidance to the development of a manufacturing process
plan, including personnel requirements, supply and equipment
- Responsible for the manufacturing of quality products in a
timely, safe and efficient manner. Identify/drive operational
excellence to dramatically reduce costs by deploying Lean/Six Sigma
tools that attack waste, improve productivity, deliver quality
specifications, minimize cash deployed in the business.
- Planning and problem analysis/solving initiatives.
- Communicates and follow-ups on safety initiatives to ensure
- Provides the following Financial and Operational Reviews:
- Reviews daily operational downtime, efficiency and material
reports and takes corrective actions to determine root cause. Works
with Staff and other departments to find workable solutions. Posts
and communicates performance to set objectives.
- Provides Monthly Financial Projections based upon Sales
forecasting along with Prior Period results.
- Manages and reports plant performance through Key Performance
Indicator (KPI) reports.
- Provides Annual Manufacturing Operating Budget based upon Sales
- Provides input and recommendations for Capital, Equipment, and
process flow improvements.
- Position will review with direct reports future requirements to
ensure communication throughout department.
- Approves Manufacturing supplies via purchasing module.
- Drives safety culture. Ensures a safe and secure environment
for all associates by heightening safety awareness through training
and feedback of safe working techniques and housekeeping
- 8+ years of supervision/management experience in a
manufacturing business -Food highly desired.
- Proven success in delivering or exceeding financial
- Works flexible shifts, weekends and overtime as required or
- Proven success in delivering exceptional safety record. Working
knowledge of FDA, OSHA standards, general plant safety rules and
- Strong Leadership, problem solving, communication and
presentation skills. Highly motivated, action oriented. Rolls their
sleeves up to partner with the team.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word,
Excel). Must have ability and experience using a computer-based ERP
system (Microsoft BC preferred).
- Ability to develop and document SOPs.
- Proven team leadership skills and experience. Ability to
interact with employees, customers and vendors in a positive and
professional manner. "Teamwork attitude", leads by example.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving capabilities and
- An exceptional track record of superior leading performance,
change and continuous improvement with best practices and effective
metrics across the supply chain.
- Strong people management/development skills. A seasoned manager
who can hire, develop, and energize a team and can organizationally
develop the processes and structures needed to improve performance
and deliver results.
- Knowledge and implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles
including past participation and execution of Kaizen
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or Equivalent level of
Experience in Food/High Speed manufacturing. Engineering or Food
Processing Improvement Knowledge highly emphasized and
desired.About Us:Sovos Brands is a food company with a mission to
acquire and build one-of-a-kind brands. We're dedicated to bringing
today's consumers delicious food for joyful living. We invest in
brands that have exciting growth potential, combining industry
expertise with fresh thinking to bring our products into more homes
across America.The brands in our portfolio includeRao's Homemade, a
producer of premium pasta sauces, soups, frozen entr--es and pasta;
noosa, a producer of premium yoghurt made with whole milk and
wildflower North American honey; Birch Benders, a fast-growing
producer of delicious, better-for-you pancake and waffle mixes,
toaster waffles, and pancake and baking cups; and Michael Angelo's,
a leading producer of authentic frozen Italian entr--es.We offer
attractive compensation packages based upon background and
experience. Package includes base salary, incentive bonus, medical
benefits, 401K, and PTO. We maintain a drug and alcohol-free
workplace. All candidates offered a position are required to pass a
pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify. Sovos Brands
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair
employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration
Keywords: Michael Angelo's, Austin , Sr Operations Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!