Assistant General Manager
Company: Homewood Suites Austin NW near The Domain
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This is the job description for ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER.
Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Department: Administration & General
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: Front Desk Manager, Security Supervisor, Executive
Housekeeper, Engineering leader, Food &
Job Purpose: To maintain the Rooms, Food and Beverage and
Engineering disciplines of the hotel, maintaining established
revenue, cost and quality standards. To act as liaison between
General Manager and department managers. To meet or exceed hotel
budget, guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction guidelines
and franchisee expectations.
1. Oversees Rooms Division, Food and Beverage Division as well as
Engineering discipline. Preferably prior experience as department
head/executive committee member within the Food and Beverage
discipline or Rooms, to compliment General Manager's
2. Oversees development of new programs that result in an increased
level of guest satisfaction and operational excellence. Receives
and responds to guest complaints in a timely manner.
3. Ensure that daily inventory is managed to maximize all potential
room revenue and ensure that budgeted room revenues are met.
4. Supervise the food & beverage department to include food
preparation, food and beverage service so as to maintain
established operational standards and maximize profits of the
5. Generate an atmosphere that provides security and safety for all
internal and external guests.
6. Establish and maintain cost control systems for all rooms and
food & beverage related inventories. Participate in the development
of short term and long term financial and operational plans for the
7. Supervises an ongoing maintenance program, which includes the
internal and external areas of the hotel. Readily meets all
financial obligations and safety regulations.
8. Monitor and maintain the property specific cleanliness
guidelines in all areas of the property.
9. Oversee transient & package advertising opportunities and
ensures hotel participation in brand specific programs.
10. Ensure high associate morale by rewarding team members who meet
or exceed guest expectations.
11. Oversee implementation and development of all training
12. Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and
regulations, directly involved with all hiring and disciplinary
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets &
familiarity with brand specific Property Mgmt Systems.
2. Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
3. Ability to read and interpret business records and statistical
4. Ability to use mathematical skills to interpret financial
information and prepare budgets.
5. Ability to analyze and interpret policies established by
6. Ability to make decisions based on production reports and
similar facts, your own experience, and personal opinion.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management, Business or
Experience: 5 years leadership experience in hotel operations with
OR, an equivalent combination of education & experience.
X Interview, select and train associates
X Direct the work of associates
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
X Determine types of materials, supplies, machinery,
equipment/tools used or merchandise to be bought, stocked &
X Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the
X Plan and control the budget
X Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more
full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time associate at
40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions
and recommendations as to the hiring, firing , advancement,
promotion or any other change of status of other associates are
given particular weight.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision.
Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual
dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual
dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office
conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Homewood Suites Austin NW near The Domain, Austin , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!