Principal Product Manager (US Remote Working)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company Description When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed
into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global
education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered
with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and
fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000
academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our
services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback
Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and
ProctorExam.Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia,
Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine,
the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of
colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference
in education. Come join us, and let's make change together. Job
Description The Assessment Principal Product Manager will help
create the future of Turnitin's assessments for the educators and
students we serve globally. This is a high-profile role to take
ownership and execute an essential element of Turnitin's strategy.
You'll develop the roadmap to unify our existing essay,
paper-to-digital, and online assessment solutions into a seamless
user experience, all while leveraging Turnitin's leadership in
integrity and AI. -Our products tend to begin and end with
customers, so you'll be interacting with educators to ensure our
integrated assessment solutions solve their problems and unmet
needs. In addition to charting our course, the role includes
leading our teams in building new assessment capabilities to
delight customers and save them time. Ultimately, you'll be a
pivotal contributor to Turnitin achieving its mission of ensuring
the integrity of global education and meaningfully improving
learning outcomes.Unifying our assessment offerings is a highly
technical and cross-functional role, so you'll need the technical
chops and people skills to collaborate with engineering, product
managers from the separate offerings, and our AI and platform
services teams. - You'll report directly to the Senior Director of
Grading & Feedback and work extensively with peers in UX,
Engineering, Integrations, Data Science, Instructional Design, and
Product Strategy.What You'll Be Doing
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Turnitin's capabilities
and workflows for essay, paper-to-digital, and online
- Define, drive, and translate elements of our assessment
strategy into a product roadmap while maintaining visibility and
alignment across the portfolio.
- Identify and prioritize assessment market opportunities aligned
to our mission and go-to-market strategy
- Talk to educators and be their voice in our product
- Identify and understand the problems we are solving for
teachers, administrators, and students.
- Dive deep to determine the root cause of challenges, identify
opportunities, and create solutions.
- Work with professional services, support, product writers,
product marketing, and sales to plan and execute go-to-market
- 8+ years of experience as a Principal Product Manager, Product
Manager, Product Director, or similar role
- 5+ years of experience working with SaaS technologies
- Strong technical understanding of cloud architecture and
- Strategic thinker
- Demonstrated success in creating new business models through
upselling, alliances, or other means
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence by partnering and aligning with
- Passion for Learning -- the ability to quickly learn about our
markets and products, study client needs and user experience gaps,
and enable our clients' learning success -
- Collaboration -- the ability to develop healthy, productive
relationships with various stakeholders (engineering, operations,
sales, clients, etc.)
- Execution -- the ability to organize, define, and deliver work
of high quality on time
- Prioritization -- the ability to balance priority and
investment in pursuit of multiple business objectives, setting
clear expectations about what is and is not the priority with
internal stakeholdersHighly Desired Skills
- Expertise in Edtech or educational assessment Additional
Information Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global
education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes. -Our Values
underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by -putting educators and learners at
the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
on education.Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all
persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and
employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of
color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community,
regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans
Keywords: Turnitin, Austin , Principal Product Manager (US Remote Working), Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!