Wellness Director I (Exempt)
Company: Enriched Senior Living, LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Description: Manages the day-to-day clinical services
of a community to ensure residents' healthcare needs are met.
Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures
quality care as residents' healthcare needs change. Supervises and
provides leadership, as well as coaching, to care staff within the
community. * The WD level for each community is determined based on
the total complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but
are not limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines,
medication management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements,
multiple licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and
skilled services requiring an RN. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based
licensed, certified, and non-certified care staff.
- Assigns and directs work of care staff; appraises performance;
rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing
basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and
psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service
plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident,
evaluates effectiveness, and maximizes the resident's opportunity
to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the
dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures
that family members are aware of the resident's need for scheduled
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described or allowed in Nurse Practice
Act or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident back to the
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and
notifies Executive Director, resident's physician, and resident's
legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents' status and
condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician
appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
- Attends and participates in weekly care conferences and staff
- Ensures that all MARs are accurate and kept up to date in our
current electronic health/medical record system.
- Performs LOCA Assessments with the assistance and final review
of the Executive Director.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as
required. Qualifications: LPN/LVN license. LVN's must have and
maintain a current Texas nursing license. It is the responsibility
of each nurse to keep up with the required continuing education
hours. Education and Experience: Education as required to obtain
state nursing license (LPN/LVN). Be familiar with Assisted Living
regulations especially pertaining to nursing services and
medications. Leadership experience strongly preferred.
Keywords: Enriched Senior Living, LLC, Austin , Wellness Director I (Exempt), Executive , Bastrop, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!