Franchised Assistant General Manager
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Posting Date Jun 17, 2022
Job Number 22102041
Job Category Property Leadership
Location JW Marriott Austin, 110 East 2nd Street, Austin, Texas,
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, White Lodging Services Corp. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotels employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International. - JOB SUMMARY
- Manage the functional areas of guest registration, night audit,
guest reservations, housekeeping/laundry, and food and beverages
areas to ascertain guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction
and maximize hotel profitability.
- Personifies the example for the staff and other managers.
Always considers financial components of operations and
appropriately matches up direction with guest satisfaction. Assist
general manager in day-to-day operations of the hotel and is acting
manager in the general managers absence. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operations/Property Management.
- Lead the effective management of the Rooms and Food & Beverage
functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding
quality standards and maximizing levels of guest satisfaction.
- Direct the maximization of room revenue by anticipation of
market shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and
marketing plans, and participating in property sales and marketing
- Assist with the development of a realistic and attainable
business plan and budget that defines operational goals and
- Be available and visible to the guests. Meet and greet guests
at breakfasts, social hours, etc. as determined by the brand to
build relationships and monitor guest satisfaction levels.
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade
quality standards and property image, and to protect assets from
neglect, damage, or deterioration.
- Conduct a minimum of daily meetings with department heads, and
monthly all associate meetings. Ensure each department is
conducting daily pre-shift meetings and participate when
- Manage and monitor the property P&L; provide detailed
explanations for P&L and forecast variances. Align and drive
all aspects of hotel performance towards the attainment of budgeted
Revenue, RevPAR Index, House Profit, Flow Through, Guest
Satisfaction Scores and Quality Assurance scores.
- Understand and apply accounting principles (e.g., accruals,
prepaids, balancing daily reports, GL coding, etc.) and ensure
these are understood and applied correctly by the property
- Follow all hotel policies and operating procedures as required.
Follow all standards as defined by, but not limited to, the
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
policies/service procedures /standards.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Always maintain
positive guest relations.
- Assist with resolution of guest complaints, ensuring guest
- Ensure Department Managers monitor and maintain cleanliness,
sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all daily group
activities, room rates, and room availability.
- Oversee and participate in hotel inventories as required.
Ensure par levels are accurate and requisition procedures
- Adherence to F&B guidelines/ cleanliness and food
sanitation as required by the brand and local authorities as
- Be a leader and role model to all associates. COMPETENCIES
- Inspires Followership
- Change Leader - This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott International, Austin , Franchised Assistant General Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!