Senior Technical Project Manager (Security)
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionBigCommerce's mission is to help merchants sell
more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market
businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best
ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most:
growing their businesses.We are equally passionate about growing
our employee's careers and providing them an incredible experience
as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been
recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We
empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so
together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.Do you thrive at
leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously
improving and managing Agile software development teams and enjoy
the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are
you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about
delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an exciting
full-time opportunity for someone like you!BigCommerce, is seeking
a Senior Technical Project Manager to work with our global security
team and its stakeholders.You will be part of a global PMO that
leads projects/programs across the company, from Product
Development to Infrastructure to Marketing & Sales and everywhere
in-between. You'll be collaborating with both internal customers
and external partners to help define and execute our global
Security roadmap.About BigCommerceWe are the world's leading cloud
ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses.
Combining enterprise SaaS functionality, an open platform, and an
app ecosystem, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales
with less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software.
BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000
brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses and 30 Fortune 1000 companies,
including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony,
and Toyota.What You'll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous cyber security projects from start
to finish and deliver value to our stakeholders
- Develop and document vision, roadmaps, and plans with senior
management to refine and expand the existing security program,
evaluate existing tools and processes, and assist in solving for
any gaps identified
- Manage daily activities of project management, roadmap and
resource planning, understand and track progress, proactively
manage risks and issues.
- Provide cross-functional leadership visibility into progress,
resourcing needs, budget burndown, dependencies,dates and
escalations for projects/programs.
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all
business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for the
desired shared outcome each and every day.
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience as a technical project manager leading
medium to large technology projects (preferably in cyber security
- Experience with vendor management and procurement processes
will be highly regarded.
- Project management, Agile development, process
improvement/quality certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP,
ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Proven in-depth knowledge of PMBOK project/program management
- You have experience using a variety of tools like JIRA,
Confluence, Smartsheets and G Suite.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity
and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and
constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone;
you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of
Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know
what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied,
excited crew; you are slightly obsessed about grinding away at
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues
put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen.
You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as imagination, to make
sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Go Getter. You have an innate, entrepreneurial drive to get
things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!)
change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all
of the details upfront. Nothing gets by
you.#LI-BW1#LI-HybridDiversity, Equity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
Our employees make the difference. At BigCommerce, we believe that
celebrating the unique histories, perspectives and abilities of
every employee makes a difference for our company, our customers
and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and the
inclusive atmosphere we build together will make room for every
person to contribute, grow and thrive.We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job
functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at
BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions
with our recruiting team.Learn more about the BigCommerce team,
culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Keywords: BigCommerce, Austin , Senior Technical Project Manager (Security), Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!