RN Nursing Director - Women Services
Posted on: June 23, 2022
We Are Hiring:In Austin, Texas, Ascension Seton Northwest
Hospital is a full service adult comprehensive hospital accredited
by The Joint Commission and serves the growing needs of the North
Austin community. This hospital is committed to patient safety and
achieved a Hospital Safety Grade of A from The Leapfrog Group for
four consecutive years.
Hours: Full time Day
Come, join Ascension as an RN Nursing Director - Women Services and
start living and loving your calling! At Ascension Seton, we know
where our true value lies. It's not only the eleven-county area and
more than 1.8 million people we serve. It's in our associates.
Including, possibly, you.
We offer a Robust Sign on Bonus / Competitive Compensation /
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
Highlights of our Facility:
- Specialties include cardiology, women's health, orthopedics,
- Level IV trauma centerLevel 3 Maternal FacilityLevel 2 Neonatal
FacilityNursing career portfolio available with bonuses
- Seeking Pathway to Excellence designation
- 5 star rating for Inpatient Patient Satisfaction in 2020
- Community hospital feel in an urban setting
Highlights of our Women Services (unit specific):
- Bed size: L&D: 12 & 3 ORs MB: 17 NICU: 10
- Ascension Seton Northwest Hospital Maternity Services annual
deliveries of about 1300-1400.
- A family environment between M/B, NICU and L/D.
- Robust QAPI program to provide best practice care
- Associate self-scheduling with nurse driven schedule to balance
the needs of the unit
- Active mentorship program to support professional
- Highly engaged team members and leaders who collaborate with
other departments to deliver an excellent patient experienceWhat
You Will Do:Direct services, workflow and resources for assigned
- Develop departmental goals and objectives consistent with
medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the
health care delivery system.
- Direct clinical activities, including patient assessment, care
plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to staffing,
including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education
- Prepare and monitor budget(s) and ensure that assigned nursing
area operates within allocated funds.
- Coordinate and direct internal and externally-driven
audits.What You Will Need:Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or diploma from an accredited
school/college of nursing required.
- Master's degree or combination of Bachelor's degree and
experience preferred.Work Experience:
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience
preferred.Additional Preferences:Preferred Education:
- Master's in Nursing; specialty certification
Why Join Our Team:Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has
provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career
in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to
high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all.
We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas,
including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the
University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell
Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career
and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a
rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:Ascension Seton is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot
employ STEM OPT candidates.
Keywords: Ascension, Austin , RN Nursing Director - Women Services, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!