Assistant Vice President- Mortgage Operations (50% hybrid in person/remote work schedule)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job SummaryThe Assistant Vice President- Mortgage Operations
(AVP of Mortgage Operations) will plan, direct, coordinate, and
oversee activities for developing and executing comprehensive
mortgage operations strategies that deliver on the vision, mission
and values of UFCU while developing leaders. This role will oversee
a leadership team who in turn lead rapidly growing teams consisting
of Loan Processors, Underwriters, Closers, Funders, Quality
Control/Compliance, and Servicing- ensuring they have the
resources, workflows, technology, and training to provide the best
experience to our members, employees, and referral partners. Will
establish and implement the strategic vision and business goals of
the mortgage operations team, including a strategy for long term
growth, and collaborate with the Senior Mortgage Leadership and
other leaders within the Mortgage department and across the credit
union to successfully lead, develop, and oversee strategies that
deliver on the vision, mission and values of UFCU while ensuring
the development of people.
About UFCUAs Austin's largest locally-owned financial institution,
University Federal Credit Union is a financial institution owned
by, dedicated to, and always working for our Members. Our mission
at UFCU is simple: to provide for the well-being of our Members.
We're proud to focus on people - not profits. We deliver fair and
honest products and outstanding service, and we work
collaboratively within our organization as well as our community to
help Members achieve their personal and financial
goals.Consistently receiving awards as the Top Credit Union and Top
Mortgage Company, UFCU is proud of its people-first culture. We
value our employees as much as our Members. We offer an environment
where people care about each other - like family. If you want to
love what you do, make an impact in your community, and have the
power to help people change their lives - then we're glad you're
Essential FunctionsStrategic Leadership and Collaboration
- Collaborate with the Senior Mortgage Leadership to
strategically position UFCU as the mortgage lender of choice in the
Central Texas area through product differentiation, technology,
process efficiency. and branding as a top tier mortgage
- Collaborate with the Vice President-Mortgage Lending to develop
and execute Operations strategies, including continuous process
improvement focus, understanding of innovative tools and
technology, and a focus on member experience for long-term growth
and to gain market share.
- Develop pipeline management strategies in collaboration with
Senior Mortgage Leadership and Operations Leaders to share progress
and pipeline updates with the Leadership team.
- Ensure delivery systems and procedures are effective,
efficient, and compliant.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Vice President- Mortgage
Originations and Assistant Vice President - Secondary Markets to
monitor the marketplace and identify new loan products (or
enhancements to existing loan products) or technology that would
benefit UFCU members. Solicit information from other institutions
and vendor partners to ensure that UFCU offers a competitive array
of loan products uses technology to its fullest.
People Leadership and Development
- Partner with the Senior Mortgage Leadership and the Lending
Operations Management team to maintain high morale, productivity,
production and member service.
- Effectively train, coach, and lead a cohesive team of Mortgage
Operations Leaders to reach and exceed production and member
advocacy goals. Develop and monitor volume and performance goals
and quality standards.
- Establish a strategic succession plan for critical positions in
the Mortgage Operations Team.
- Demonstrate UFCU leadership standards through support for our
culture, values, and behavioral expectations.
- Serve as a thought leader while collaborating with business
colleagues to achieve organizational objectives.
- Foster positive relationships throughout the organization to
promote member service, revenue growth, and individual leadership
growth and opportunity.
- Build and nurture strong relationships across Mortgage Service
and UFCU in order to influence desired outcomes and achieve
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of corporate and member
account information and regulatory compliance.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics
- Complete required regulatory Training as assigned.
- Maintain strict compliance with all laws, rules, regulations
and internal controls specific to your role, including but not
limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot
Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulations.
- Excellent written, spoken, active listening, and interpersonal
communication skills with a high level of diplomacy in directing
production staff and member service.
- Strong motivation and management skills required to lead an
experienced mortgage operations team, geared to meet production
goals and provide exemplary member service.
- Critical decision-making skills and sound judgment to address
and resolve issues.
- Technical proficiency with a high-level knowledge of computer
systems including Encompass, and Microsoft Office applications
including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams.
- Effective time management skills including the ability to
prioritize responsibilities and organize work tasks.
- Expert knowledge of agency and government loan programs
including (FNMA/FHLMC, and FHA/VA).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with high attention
- Adaptable to a productive team environment where knowledge is
shared and feedback and coaching are welcomed.
- Building Member Loyalty
- Building Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence
- Focus on Results
- Leading the Organization (Decision Making and Systems
- Leading Others (Building a Successful Team, Coaching &
Developing Others, Leading Change, Servant Leadership)
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field (may be
substituted by fourteen (14) years of experience as described
- Ten (10) years of experience in leading a large (i.e., 50+)
Mortgage Operations Team within a complex organization with
increasing executive/management responsibilities.
- Current knowledge of Federal, State, and NCUA regulations and
statutes pertaining to real estate lending, typically acquired
through experience in mortgage underwriting, production, and
- Comprehensive knowledge of mortgage products, services, and
- Past history of creating and maintaining high-performing,
high-integrity mortgage operations team.
- Meet the requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act to be registered in
the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
- Masters of Business Administration degree or Graduate degree in
- Credit union or other financial institution experience.
Motivational FitOrganizational Fit
- Core Values
- UFCU Mission
- UFCU Vision
- 7 Credit Union Principles
Things You Need to Know Before You ApplyPhysical DemandsThe
physical demands described are representative of those that must be
met by an employee, with or without accommodation, in order to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Frequent
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- Employee will make use of the telephone and virtual
communication platforms requiring the ability to effectively and
accurately explain complex information.
Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This position is required to frequently work at UFCU Plaza in
- This position may involve periodic stressful conditions.
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime,
and evening/weekend hours.
- Public contact position, requiring appropriate professional
- Frequent computer use at a workstation up to two hours at a
- The noise level in the work environment is usually average
Additional Job InformationReports To
VP - Mortgage Lending
Mortgage Loan Operations Leadership and Teams - Loan Processors,
Underwriters, Closers, Funders, Quality Control/Compliance,
Keywords: UFCU, Austin , Assistant Vice President- Mortgage Operations (50% hybrid in person/remote work schedule), Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!