Posted on: January 16, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:Are you interested in improving and
shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Test Manager who is
motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for
professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor
Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas
of IT operations since the client's first outsourcing engagement
over 20 years ago.We are looking for a Test Manager who will be
responsible for developing testing and test management
requirements, procedures, standards and policies. These
responsibilities include areas such as: scheduling and management
of testing assignments, project testing status, defect tracking,
and measurement reporting.Job Responsibilities:
- Understand the business functionality and define over all test
- Capability to understand the big picture - system / app /
product and weave in a comprehensive test plan
- Develop and maintain standard IT testing and test management
processes and procedures; this also includes developing a set of
test policies to define acceptable levels of testing based on a set
of criteria which considers risk vs. cost benefit.
- Develop and maintain standard requirements management processes
- Develop and maintain staff training materials for the above
test and requirements management processes.
- Conduct staff training for test and requirements management
- Effectively communicate at senior manager / director /
executive levels about the program / project level risks / issues /
- Provide consulting to project teams for test and requirements
- Develop requirements for standard test management reports and
visualizations in the form of mockups, to be built and implemented
by other IT staff.
- Develop requirements for standard requirements management
reports and visualizations in the form of mockups, to be built and
implemented by other IT staff.
- Become "go-to" - escalation point person for any project
related test management activities.
- Communicate effectively the daily status - risks / issues /
dependencies, track progress and manage issue workflow to
- Logging and managing the defects in ServiceNow
- Work directly on projects in a test manager or similar
technical lead role
- May be responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and
training of less experienced staff.Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related. Additional 4
years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 4+ years of experience as a Test Manager
- Experience with HP Quality Center and ALM SDLC tool set
- Experience using a performance testing tool like Loadrunner is
- Thorough understanding of testing/QA techniques, practices, and
processes. Experience with planning and leading QA efforts for a
program or large complex projects.
- Prior experience with development or testing of utility
information systems preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle
- Prior experience managing large, complex, testing efforts
crossing multiple departments.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) both
internally to the project team and leadership.
- Ability to provide necessary support to the gathering and
writing of accurate, complete test materials.
- Strong business analysis skills for capturing business/clinical
scenarios and translating them into test cases and scripts.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills with an ability
to organize and communicate thoughts clearly.Pay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Austin , Test Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!