Assistant Child Nutrition Manager
Company: KIPP Texas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59
public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly
34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San
Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to
create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students
with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose
-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and
build a more just world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating
as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in
the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.You can see all our job opportunities at
https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe
OpportunityThe Child Nutrition Assistant Manager is part of the
School Support Partners (SSP) and is responsible for ensuring the
overall team mission is accomplished which is to help remove the
obstacles to teaching and learning, deliver great support and
partnership to schools, SSP faculty, parents, and students, and
strike the right balance of structure and processes, respecting
school/dept. input. The child nutrition department provides an
environment that supports healthy food habits, nutrition education
resources and activities for students and faculty while maintaining
program integrity and customer satisfaction. Position OverviewThe
Assistant Child Nutrition Manager has responsibility for all front
of house related activities throughout the district and is
responsible for the food service customer service assurance
program, the department's key performance indicator dashboard, the
management of daily front of house operations, and the food service
portion of our student information system. This position will
supervise front of house staff, develop and monitor food and labor
budget for the front of house, and maintain the highest
professional customer service standards.KIPP Texas Austin is
committed to providing students with balanced, nutritious, and
delicious meals to foster a joy of eating wholesome, freshly
prepared foods. Candidates will be passionate about child
nutrition, nutrition education, customer service, and will view
nutrition awareness as a key component in preparing our students to
go and through college.Competencies
- Commitment to working with low-income communities, and in
particular with children from low-income backgrounds to achieve
exceptional results in academics and character
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin's mission, students,
families, and community
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a
professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet
the needs of KIPP Austin studentsPerformance Management
- Manages daily operations through the use of the food service
dashboard, including the development of metrics, targets, and
techniques of collecting data, the use of systematic problem
solving, and implementation of corrective actions. Work includes
the daily update of department dashboard.
- Develops policies and standard operating procedures to enhance
and measure the quality and delivery of service; continually
updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art
techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Assist the Child Nutrition Regional Manager in the development
of the FOH portion of the budget and manages a fiscally sound
- Plans and implements an on-going in-service training and staff
- Manages services and operations in compliance with the laws and
regulations set forth by both the state and federal
- Assists Regional Child Nutrition Manager with auditing the
student information system as it pertains to food services.
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse group of people.
- Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, counsels, evaluates
and disciplines all front of house employees.
- Schedules, conducts performance reviews, and helps decide on
- Resolves operational and personal issues.
- Ensures all front of house services to stakeholders are
conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities
for front of house cafeteria staff.
- Works with the kitchen to establish and maintain a regular
cleaning and maintenance schedule for all cafeteria spaces.
- Supervises the daily operation of all front of house cafeteria
- Serves as the food service expert in all activity relating to
the point of sale system and student information systems. .Plant,
Property, and Equipment
- Ensures proper equipment operation/maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance
schedule for all front of house areas and
equipment.QualificationsSkills and QualificationsTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Three to five years of industry and management experience,
preferably in a large-scale production environment
- Great customer service skills
- Great personnel manager
- Experience using data to problem solve
- Strong communicator
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, committees,
suppliers, members, and employees.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a preferred
- Working knowledge of all standard Microsoft Office programs.
Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Plan, coordinate, administer, manage, review, and evaluate the
food service department customer service assurance program.
- Receive and resolve any customer service issues related to
front of the house activities in a highly professional and
- Use daily dashboard to manage employees and improve the overall
- Communicate and coordinate with school administrators on all
applicable food service related initiatives and activities.
- Plan, coordinate, develop, promote and maintain an effective
communications, marketing, and public relations program.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and
safety are maintained throughout all cafeteria areas at all
- Safeguards all front of house employees by implementing
training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and
accident prevention principles.Additional InformationCompensation
and BenefitsIn addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of
KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees
an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan,
KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings
Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as
Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance,
Keywords: KIPP Texas, Austin , Assistant Child Nutrition Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!