The Codependent is a downtown coffee shop by day and
contemporary cocktail bar by night. We are looking for a General
Manager that is professional, knowledgeable, and has a passion for
To be a successful General Manager, you should have strong
leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The AGM
strengths should include clear and efficient communication,
creative problem solving, strong delegation and confidence in their
ability to motivate others. The GM should be experienced in a
supervisory role, and be able to confidently deliver performance
feedback, set goals, foster teamwork, and clearly communicate
* Direct flow of service and ensure guest satisfaction while
managing the dining room.
* Hire, train, and supervise staff
* Help interview, hire, evaluate, reward, and discipline
* Confer with food preparation and other personnel to plan menus
and other related activities.
* Contribute to the evolution of service, position in the
market, and standard of excellence.
* Lead, motivate, train and educate all FOH personnel in
Restaurant policies and procedures
* Full involvement with ownership in financial assessment,
strategy and growth efficacy
* Ensure proper coverage is in place depending on business
volumes for each area of the restaurant during shift
* Effectively supervise floor staff to ensure professional
service and guest satisfaction during hours of operation.
* Educate FOH personnel in product awareness and cultivate
long-term service knowledge.
* Build rapport with guests and ensure an enjoyable and
* Responsible for accurately reporting payroll and for the end
of night closeout and cash drop
* Maintain constant communication with bookkeeper to ensure
proper reporting and classifications
* Maintain the POS system with accurate items and prices
* Work closely and help to continually develop the skills of all
management and staff.
* Foster a culture of respect and open communication.
* Establish open lines of communication between FOH and BOH, at
* Establish role as a spokesperson for the Restaurant within the
community and with guests.
* 3-5 years of upper level management experience in
* High level of enthusiasm, creativity, and flexibility
* Skilled and familiar with the following programs: Toast,
* Experience with staffing, scheduling, ordering, and basic
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Familiarity with high end food and beverage programs
* Experience in solving problems and exercising good judgement
* Able to build an inclusive culture that values respect, open
communication, and staff development
The General Manager will receive an annual salary of $55,000 -
$70,000, based on experience. Benefits include health care, paid
time off, free downtown parking, and advanced professional
training. As well as salary and benefits, Excelsior Hospitality is
a rapidly growing organization with extensive opportunities for
growth and advancement.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please send
us your resume and cover letter. We look forward to meeting