Chief Operating Officer
Company: The SAFE Alliance
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Chief Operating Officer (COO)The COO position at SAFE is
responsible for the leadership, management and oversight of the
daily running of agency-wide operational functions - Facilities,
Administration, Security, Information Technology, Risk Management
and Insurance. The position is also responsible for leading
physical campus improvements, to improve the physical spaces lived
in by clients and used by staff. The COO will also work with the
Co-CEO in the planning and development of new affordable and
supportive housing projects, understanding and promoting the
importance of affordable housing for victims of violence.About
- SAFE's mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve
our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of
child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center
for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin
Children's Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies
created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support,
safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the
Austin community and beyond for over 45 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally
underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous,
and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming
people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who
speak a language in addition to English.About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Chief Operating Officer. This
is a full-time, exempt leadership position that will work a hybrid
schedule of remote & in person. SAFE has two large primary campuses
in East Austin.
- Pay will be based on relevant experience.Key Duties:
- Provides departmental leadership and direction to guide
- Working with the Co-CEO, responsible for development of new
affordable and supportive housing projects, and guiding SAFE's
Campus Redesign Plan (capital improvements).
- In coordination with responsible supervisory staff, is
responsible for hiring, supervising, retention, training,
engagement and release of the Operations Department staff.
- Responsible for setting and achieving clear departmental goals
and objectives, measuring and reporting on progress, and ensuring
the operational needs of the agency are met and developing plans
for future strategic and system wide changes or growth as
- Ensures cooperative relationships between program and
- Responsible for agency wide risk assessment and mitigation
- Serves as lead on capital expansion and capital improvement
- Serves on the SAFE Executive and Leadership teams providing
strategic direction for SAFE.
- Degree in non-profit administration or allied field, and 10
years of experience in progressively responsible jobs.
- Experience in the planning and development of affordable or
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and leadership of
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing programs or operations
- Skills should include organizational planning and development,
training, communication, personnel management, budget and resource
development, tactical and strategic planning.
- Understanding of trauma and how operational services and
physical spaces can be developed in a supportive manner for
- Experience as part of leadership teams and multidisciplinary
- Community work in homelessness and/or housing fields
- Proven experience promoting diversity, inclusion, equity and
belonging in a work environment.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including
an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance,
short-term disability, and life insurance. *
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance. *
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of
Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and
- We'll provide you with an amazing work environment where you'll
get to make a difference every day.
- Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked.
Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.For the most
up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit
our career page:
Keywords: The SAFE Alliance, Austin , Chief Operating Officer, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!