Posted on: November 22, 2021
Our health system is broken, and it's a huge problem. Costs are
rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At
Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing
accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium
businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from
across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging,
modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer
competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less
than traditional plans.
To do this, we have built a new kind of health plan from scratch
for employers and their employees. Our customers can offer rich
benefits to attract and retain top talent while paying less than
traditional plans. Sana uses proprietary technology to cut out
waste and a novel financing structure that gives companies money
back when claims are low, saving up to 20% on total costs.
Sana is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing
team. As a successful candidate, you have demonstrated the ability
to build and level up teams of engineers while fostering a culture
of transparency, ownership, and teamwork. You will also excel at
working cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and
key stakeholders to help guide the overall strategy, design, and
delivery of new and existing products. In this position, Sana is
looking for individuals who have succeeded at increasing the
throughput of their team while continuously seeking ways for them
to add more value with a sharp eye on continuous improvement.
We are building a distributed engineering team and encourage all
applicants to apply, regardless of location.
What you will do
- Work with cross-functional teams including engineering,
product, and design to translate high-level business outcomes into
clearly defined projects.
- Manage engineers and conduct weekly 1:1's providing clear
objectives and feedback.
- Work with engineers on career planning, coaching, and
promotions using 30/60/90 plans, performance reviews, and other
- Drive the execution of goals through team planning and
- Partner with engineering teams to enact best practices that
improve delivery of value to our stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of innovation, trust, teamwork, and
accountability that is rewarding and engaging for software
- Focus on team building, creating safe environments, and
encouraging work/life balance.
- Help recruit and retain top talent in highly competitive
- 3+ years of experience in engineering management or technical
- A deep understanding of the tradeoffs between scrum, kanban,
waterfall, and other product development processes
- You love metrics and are skilled at leveraging them to dive
deep into understanding where improvements can be made
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Broad technical expertise
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Stock options in rapidly scaling startup
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA plans
- Parental leave
- Remote worker stipend
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment
- Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium
businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and
integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and
get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in
2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health
system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley
venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are
excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our
broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
Keywords: Sana, Austin , Engineering Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!