BUSINESS SUPPORT & TRANSFER SYSTEM MANAGER
Company: Texas Disposal Systems
Posted on: November 22, 2021
BUSINESS SUPPORT & TRANSFER SYSTEM MANAGER - CREEDMOOR
The Transfer System & Business Support Manager is responsible for
supervising transfer drivers to ensure safe, timely and productive
service in accordance with company policies and regulations, as
well as overseeing the planning and coordination of the Transfer
System, performing a variety of complex tasks and driving the work
in the field through a dispatch office.
In addition, the Transfer System & Business Support manager
develops reporting and analysis for the Operations Directors to
facilitate their decision making with regards to executing business
and strategic plans. This position will help develop and administer
the systems and models needed to track, report, and analyze
operational metrics; assist with the development of management
dashboards and other reports necessary to provide timely
information to department managers; assist with the creation of
annual performance metrics; and work with the business acquisition
team to develop operations staffing and implementation plans to
support new business.
- Oversee the planning and coordination of the Transfer System to
ensure service is safe, timely, productive, and in accordance with
company policies and all applicable regulations.
- Supervise transfer drivers, ensuring service in a safe, timely,
and productive manner in accordance with policies and
- Ensure transfer drivers receive appropriate driver
- Ensure tablet utilization and training on routing software for
all transfer drivers.
- Communicate regularly with Operations Managers regarding
equipment quality and availability and maintain regular
communications with maintenance in order to ensure all workloads
are completed as scheduled in a safe and productive manner.
- Communicate regularly with Directors of Operations and
Maintenance to identify and address areas for improvement.
- Conduct performance evaluations with direct reports at least
- Monitor driver hours in order to limit labor expenditures and
maintain Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance.
- Maintain a level of staffing in accordance with workload in
order to ensure quality service and productivity.
- Support company-wide centralization of Dispatch and Customer
Care operations by ensuring adherence to existing policies and
procedures, as well as assisting in the formulation and
implementation of new or improved policies and procedures aimed at
- Minimize truck abuse by reviewing shop reports and conducting
- In cooperation with the Safety Department, review and keep
records of all accidents involving transfer drivers or
- Attend at least one monthly drivers' safety meeting and present
information when necessary.
- Oversee the administration of the transfer driver compensation
- Confirm orders are completed and systems updated
- Maintain and record electronic and hard copy records.
- Prepare work schedules, ensuring staff performs to required
standards, work scheduled shifts and achieve department
- Communicate regularly with internal personnel, e.g., Customer
Care, Sales and Operations, to ensure that TDS policies and
standards are upheld and customer accounts are operative and
- Meet with customer regarding possible concerns when
- Work with Operations Directors, managers and supervisors to
develop and report on performance metrics.
- Compile, analyze and report data on key metrics for operations
- Oversee the development of operations systems dashboard
reporting, including performance against goals.
- Oversee development and administration of Operations processes
and related documentation.
- Develop and provide periodic ad hoc reports to Operations
management upon request.
- Communicate the Operations management to ensure the accurate
and timely dissemination of information.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and oversee
- Lead the development and monitoring of Operations annual goals
- Work with system managers to develop strategies, goals and
procedures that support the company's strategic objectives.
- Manage the Operations business planning process.
- Research driver incentive plans and develop proposals and
- Work with routing team to develop improvements in route
- Other duties as assigned.REQUIRED SKILLS AND
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related discipline
- Advanced operational and logistics skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Excel, Word,
- Ability to become proficient with routing and customer
management software used by the company and internet
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the company's systems
- Proficiency with financial software
- Ability to take the initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Project management
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the
- Self-motivation and organization
- Ability to seek analysis opportunities and needs
Keywords: Texas Disposal Systems, Austin , BUSINESS SUPPORT & TRANSFER SYSTEM MANAGER, Executive , Buda, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!