Assistant Project Manager
Company: Reconstruction Experts
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for administrative
duties of projects such as preparing estimates, preparing
subcontractor and vendor contracts, communicating with clients, and
preparing other project documentation.Essential Duties and
- With direction from project manager and legal counsel,
generates contracts for owners and subcontractors.
- Pulls permits as required by governing authorities.
- Qualifies and contacts subcontractors to bid specific trade
items; sets date and time for subcontractors to submit bids.
- Creates project budgets and budget adjustments, change orders,
invoices, RFI's, schedules, etc.
- Oversees quality control throughout the length of the
- Works with project manager and superintendent on any production
and quality control issues.
- Obtains plans and specifications from owners/architects.
- Reads and interprets specifications and plans to determine
construction requirements and plan procedures.
- Documents projects by site inspections, photos, meeting
minutes, take-offs, and other means.
- Helps project manager to develop the scope of work.
- Puts together cut sheets, color selections, manufacturer's
warranties, test data, shop drawings, etc.
- Examines and inspects work progress and construction site and
reports any problems to project manager and superintendent.
- Ensures all reports and records required are completed in an
accurate and timely manner and forwarded to the appropriate Company
- Confers with managers and technical persons in order to resolve
problems and coordinate activities.
- Conduct and participate in safety meetings; wear the proper
personal protective equipment.
- Work as a team with other Company employees, subcontractors,
clients and designers.
- Performs duties not otherwise stated above as directed by
- Reports to work as scheduled.Physical Demands
- Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Be able to sit for long periods of time in front of
- Be able to work in confined/enclosed spaces for moderate
periods of time.
- Be able to drive.
- Be able to climb ladders and stairs throughout day and be able
to work/inspect work at a height of over 6 feet.
- Be able to kneel, crouch, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull and
grasp frequently throughout the day.
- Be able to work more than 40 hours per week when required.
- Vision to read printed materials.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a radio or
- Be able to work outside in all weather.Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS-Excel, Word, Outlook
and Company-required project software.
- Ability to get along with others; excellent customer
- Ability to prioritize, exercise sound independent judgment, and
communicate with co-workers.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and construction
safety laws.Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 year experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in reconstruction industry preferred, but not
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in construction science/construction
management, or equivalent of work experience.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Reconstruction Experts, Austin , Assistant Project Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!