Director, Supplier Risk Management
Posted on: November 19, 2021
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company. Xylem, a leading
global water technology company dedicated to solving the world's
most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of
efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving
the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our
international team is unified in a common purpose: creating
advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the
world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an
organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels
involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is
free to bring their authentic selves and ideas. If you are excited
and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear
from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
---. We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our
people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our
employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for
compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development,
work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility
program working to provide education and access to safe water to
ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities.
Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a
professional, supportive network for employees from diverse
backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People
of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging
Leaders, and Working Parents Networks. The Role : This role will be
responsible for working with the sourcing leaders and their teams
to improve supplier risk, performance, and collaboration across the
business. This position provides leadership in supplier risk and
development in a manner that emphasizes supporting our production,
distribution facilities and customer with a high performance and
collaborative supply base
- Identify and implement supplier risk management process and
tools to support corporate objectives and the organization--s need
for a resilient and high-performance supply base.
- Implement an overall risk management strategy for third-party
suppliers, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on
the company when risks occur.
- Provide meaningful periodic reporting for all in-scope
- Function as expert for this essential space and build supplier
risk awareness within and outside of Procurement.
- Strengthen vendor vetting and assessment at initial onboarding
and at renewal.
- Monitor vendor critical risks such as but not limited to
financial health, concentration risk, reputational risk, etc
- Document and improve supplier quality, delivery and overall
- Develop creative approaches to training to further empower and
prepare Procurement team members to ensure supplier risk and
performance management controls into the supplier selection and
- Develop collaborative relationships and partnerships with
category managers, line of business leaders, and key stakeholders
in, Legal, Risk, Privacy, Information Security and IT.
- Accountability for driving and delivering results to reduce the
risk in the supply chain.
- Analyze macro-trends to predict possible risks and impact on
- Lead role in identifying the most critical single/sole sources
and high risk spend suppliers that need dual souring
- Enhancing the BCP (Business Continuity Plan) capabilities of
- Governance of the overall risk management program Minimum
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities,
- An expectation of 10+ years 'relevant experience leadership
roles in Procurement.
- Experience in managing teams globally spread
- Ability to work in a large matrix organization.
- Key achievements in Supplier Risk Management
- Bachelor--s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a
related field an advantage. A combination of education and relevant
experience will be accepted in lieu of a relevant degree.
- Excels at multi-tasking and have demonstrated ability to work
effectively as a team player.
- Exemplary analytical, and technical skills required to
understand business practices and recommend proper sourcing and
supplier opportunities. Physical Demands: (The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment and
manufacturing factories when visiting suppliers.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office
- Vision abilities required by this job include close
- Will require travel to Xylem and supplier sites.
- Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be
required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published
Company work rules as well as written instructions. (The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans,
semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures
and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to
factory/shop and machinery. Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. You have been
redirected to a Xylem job page
Keywords: Xylem, Austin , Director, Supplier Risk Management, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!