Chief Strategy Officer
Posted on: May 6, 2021
The Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) is a key member of the Company
USA (SHUSA) Senior Executive team and an active participant in all
medical, strategic, operational, financial, procurement, business
development, information technology, sales and marketing activities
of the group. The CSO is responsible for formalizing the company's
strategic-planning processes, and leading the development of the
strategy, translating it for people across functions and business
units, and drive organizational change forging new working
relationships and synergies across the organization, and
establishing greater transparency and accountability for those
people carrying out the company's strategy. In addition, the CSO is
responsible for assessing whether strategic initiatives, at all
levels of the organization, are in line with the company's
standards and objectives.Job Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of the strategic plan/framework for the
organization, and the detailed current year operating plan, while
adhering to direction set by the CEO/CCO/CMO and Board of
Directors. This includes formalizing and leading the strategic
planning process, focusing on long-term trends, outlook and
- Facilitates the execution of the strategy by working
collaboratively with the other Executive Team members and ensuring
that all throughout the organization understand the strategy.
- Ensures that strategic actions are completed at various levels
to achieve desired results.
- Ensures that appropriate metrics are in place to measure
performance and progress towards strategic goals.
- Provide clinical and professional support to the SHUSA
executive and senior management teams as to support the strategic
commercial and operational activities of the central office,
divisions and operating entities.
- Develop, implement and ensure Central Strategies comply with
policies and strategies related to clinical governance, quality
improvement, operational excellence, risk management of laboratory
operations and the credentialing of medical/scientific
- Keep abreast of emerging models in health care delivery and
technological innovations in order to guide technical and
informatics research and development activities that are consistent
with SHUSA's strategic objectives.
- Identify and develop collaborative business development
opportunities within the healthcare sector as to promote the SHUSA
brand as a medically led laboratory medicine/pathology
- Represent and promote the interests of SHUSA and its medical
personnel by serving as a collaborative liaison with professional,
industry and regulatory bodies.
- Build and lead cross-functional collaborative strategies within
SHUSA to achieve shared company goals including enhancing a
corporate culture founded on Medical Leadership and a commitment to
quality and service excellence.Job Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in a science related field. (Master's degree or
Ph.D. preferred with MD experience and background.)
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in strategic
planning as well as experience working in a senior management
- Seasoned professional, with a strong strategy orientation, who
has previously held several business and operational roles in fast
paced and complex environments. Work experience should include
success in a period of growth and/or transition.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in Laboratory
- High-level knowledge of managed healthcare systems, quality
assurance, quality improvement, risk management and compliance
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing
- Ability to solve complex problems and execute whole-of-business
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of internal
and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and
implement relevant programs and evaluate results in order to
achieve positive outcomes.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Austin , Chief Strategy Officer, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!