Chief Risk & Compliance Officer
Posted on: May 6, 2021
About the Role Company is seeking a Chief Risk and Compliance
Officer (CRCO) to provide leadership in building and maturing the
Risk & Compliance office for Company. The CRCO will work
cross-functionally to review, assess and help mitigate factors that
could negatively impact Company's performance. This successful
candidate will also ensure Company remains compliant with global
regulations in all facets of the business, including but not
limited to payment processing, privacy, import/export and SOX. The
ideal candidate will possess the analytical acumen, superior
communication skills, and sounds business judgment to mitigate or
eliminate the risk in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The CRCO
will report to the General Counsel. What you will do
- Lead efforts to reduce business risks that would negatively
impact achievement of Company business objectives.
- Oversee the enterprise risk management program intended to
identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risks that may affect
Company, ensuring they are managed within acceptable risk tolerance
- Develop risk maps and strategic action plans to help minimize,
manage, and mitigate primary risk.
- Overall responsibility for the design, implementation, training
and effectiveness of risk and compliance programs across the
company, and ensuring such programs are scalable.
- Keep up to speed with Company product launches, the Company
business model, and changes in the regulatory landscape to ensure
compliance programs are up to date and being met.
- Collaborate with relevant teams and stakeholders regarding data
mapping, security governance, risk monitoring, testing protocols
and incident response plans.
- Implement corporate policies and procedures needed by Company
- Collaborating with business compliance teams (Customer Service,
Global Trade, etc.) in interpreting new laws/regulations and
developing a strategy to follow such laws / regulations within the
required regulatory timeframe.
- Responsibility and oversight to ensure Company whistleblower
"hotline" and related investigations are completed in a timely
manner; according to Company's internal protocols and best
- Promoting a culture of compliance by fostering an environment
of open and honest communication with all employees of all
- Driving operational efficiencies by setting measurable goals
and working on leveraging and deploying new and existing
technologies to improve efficiencies in the compliance programs
across the organization.
- Preparing relevant reports and making presentations to
management, the Board of Directors, Audit Committee and other
governing bodies and committees about risk and compliance.About you
- Minimum of 10 years' compliance experience in leading a global
risk and compliance organization in a high growth Internet or
- Bachelor's degree
- Exceptional experience in managing global risk and compliance
teams across multiple business lines and geographies
- Appropriate level of assertiveness, maturity and guidance to
effectively project the stature and importance of the risk and
compliance function across the organization
- Superior judgment and rigor in relation to problem solving and
appropriate escalation of issues
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently,
prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage
multi-faceted projects in a fast-moving environment
- Innovative thinker with a problem-solver mentality
Keywords: ExecuNet, Austin , Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!