TDHCA - Senior Contract Manager
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Description - TDHCA - Senior Contract Manager (00014140) Job
Description TDHCA - Senior Contract Manager ( 00014140 )
Organization : TEXAS DEPT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY AFFAIRS Primary
Location : Texas-Austin Work Locations : TDHCA physical address 221
East 11th Street Austin 78701 Job : Management Employee Status :
Temporary Schedule Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time State Job Code :
1604 Salary Admin Plan : B Grade : 26 Salary (Pay Basis) : 7,000.00
- 9,000.00 ( Monthly ) Number of Openings : 1 Overtime Status :
Exempt Job Posting : Apr 1, 2021, 8:17:32 PM Closing Date : Ongoing
Description Programs, CRBRA Division This position is associated
with the administration of temporary federal funding under the U.S.
Treasury's Emergency Rental Assistance Programs. The position is
estimated to be filled through approximately December 2022, with
possibility of extension. GENERAL DESCRIPTION : Performs highly
complex (senior-level) contract management work associated with the
Texas Rent Relief (TRR) Program, a statewide rental assistance
program of approximately $2 billion in funding. The program is
being administered through a combination of in-house staff and
several third-party vendors that will each execute different
functions.-- Work involves being a senior member of a completely
remote cross-functional management team focused on managing vendor
contracts. The position will establish goals and objectives;
develop schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving
established goals; coordinate and evaluate contract deliverables;
monitor budget expenditures and performance benchmarks; document
compliance with regulations to meet audit requirements, and may
supervise staff. Works under limited supervision, with considerable
latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.--
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage contract compliance and deliverables for all TRR vendor
- Develop and maintain a relationship with all TRR vendors;
- Develop a tool for the tracking of all contract deliverables,
and utilize that tool to track all contract performance and
- Design processes and procedures for the handling of all vendor
invoices and processing approvals of payments to vendors;
- Confirm and verify deliverables have been achieved prior to
- Review data and generate reports from the TRR system of record,
that support approval of payments;
- In coordination with agency leadership, communicate to vendors
on benchmarks not being achieved;
- Identify ongoing improvements to methods for contract
management and payments;
- Research best practices and suggest activities to improve
contract management of TRR vendors;
- May assist other senior team members with the development and
ongoing improvement of data and reporting to assist in contract
- Become the internal expert on status of each contract's
progress, deliverables, funds drawn, etc.;
- May design and implement reports that confirm program
compliance and meet audit requirements;
- Work with vendors to make corrections in quality of work;
- Generate reports and timelines relating to tracking of
deliverables and initiatives, generate information materials,
coordinate open records requests and legislative requests, maintain
status of reports, prepare board materials, distribute
communications, and schedule and facilitate meetings;--
- Responsible for becoming fully knowledgeable of federal and
state regulations governing the use of TRR funds.--
- Coordinates with the TRR team, to implement the program and
achieve program benchmarks, meet expenditure deadlines, and track
and generate reports on progress and program performance.
- Provides direct guidance to vendors regarding the applicable
regulations, documentation requirements, and compliance.
- May represent the Department in meetings, conferences,
legislative hearings, interviews or other forums relating to their
area of specialization.
- Supervises the work of others.--
- Complies with all applicable safety rules, regulations and
- Adheres to all Department policies and procedures.
- Performs other division work as assigned.
- Expected to work as a telecommuter, but may be required at
times to be present in the office or at other designated work
events or venues.--
- May travel up to 10%. Qualifications EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
with a major in business, public administration, auditing, or
accounting, with at least 5 years related experience in managing
government contracts;-- or -- At least 10 years of related
experience in managing government contracts.
- Must be able to evidence significant and progressive oversight
experience in the area of federal contract management.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and leading
project/team processes.-- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires general project management competencies, strength in
project management tools (Gantt charts, etc.) and administrative
and management experience.
- Requires experience in contract management of government
- Requires knowledge of federal contracts, management and
- Self-starter, highly motivated.
- Strong knowledge of procedures and tools associated with
- Strong ability to execute and promptly operationalize new
processes and documenting efforts toward contract
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication
- Comfortable working, managing and leading a team in a remote
environment and being a team player with the ability to multi-task
in a fast-paced environment.--
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze
situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to gather, assemble,
document, and analyze data.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relating to administration of
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams) and skill with Smartsheets
and/or other data tools.
- Must possess a valid driver's license. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This classification functions in a standard office environment.
Ability to drive and travel as needed. Will need to move about the
office to access file cabinets, use office machinery, attend
meetings in various offices and conference rooms, etc. Must be able
to communicate and exchange accurate information via phone,
computer, and in person. Must be able to observe and evaluate data
in a variety of formats, including hard copy, electronic, and
various media formats. Must be able to work non-standard hours
including the ability to work beyond 40 hours per week as needed
and in compliance with the FLSA.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or carry up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to push and/or pull up to 15 lbs. OTHER :
Must be willing to work in a non-smoking environment and adhere to
all applicable Department policies and procedures. Must be willing
to work overtime if necessary which may include nights and
weekends. Must attend work regularly and adhere to approved work
schedule. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE CANDIDATE:
--- Official transcripts or other minimum requirement validations
will be requested of final applicants.--
--- Criminal--background checks will be conducted before an offer
of employment is extended. We fully recognize, honor and enforce
the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
(USERRA) and encourage opportunities to hire Veterans, Reservists
Males born on or after January 1, 1960, between the ages of 18-26,
will be required to present proof of Selective Service System
registration on the first day of employment or proof of exemption
from Selective Service registration requirement.
The U.S. Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires new
employees to present proof of identity and eligibility to work in
the United States. Failure to provide this information within the
required timeframe will result in the offer being rescinded.
Thank you for considering employment at the Texas Department of
Housing and Community Affairs! The Texas Department of Housing and
Community Affairs is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Austin , TDHCA - Senior Contract Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!