Sr. Manager Signal & Power Integrity - 87201
Posted on: April 9, 2021
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
Manager of team responsible for the Server Platform & Silicon
Signal and Power Integrity. This includes High-speed simulation,
its corresponding in lab correlation, 3D extraction, Platform
design rules & guidance as well as setting margin Pass/Fail
criteria for the high-speed buses and power delivery subsystems in
AMD Server products. This individual will manage the team
responsible for Server Platform & Silicon Signal and Power
Integrity and will interface with Silicon Design, Phy design,
Package design, Platform Architecture & Design, as well as the
Server Debug leads to provide detailed technical direction, drive
focus, prioritize planning, execution, and issue debug for all
aspects of AMD's Server Platform & Silicon Signal and Power
The candidate must have a BS or MSEE degree and a minimum of 12
years of relevant working experience in new product development
from a silicon design, platform design and/or product engineering
discipline. The candidate should have experience both as a
technical lead and/or a people manager. The candidate must also
have a strong understanding of High-speed signaling and power
delivery simulation and measurement. Furthermore, the candidate
should have experience with driving multi-site and
multi-disciplined engineering teams. A successful candidate must
have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Server Platform & Silicon Signal and Power Integrity execution
leadership across AMD
- Drive Server Platform & Silicon Signal and power Integrity
simulation, in-lab correlation, generation of platform design rules
& guidance as well as creating margin Pass/Fail criteria of
existing and new server microprocessor SOC products.
- Board/system-level power delivery network AC+DC simulation for
- System-level signal integrity simulations of future DDR5 memory
bus including silicon IO, package, and board.
- System-level signal integrity simulations of future high-speed
SERDES links such as USB-4, PCIe5, xGMI3, etc. including silicon
IO, package, and board.
- Electromagnetic modeling of 3-D structures including vias,
- Implementation of a HVM solution-space methodology.
- A key responsibility of this position will be to work closely
with the customer support organization and to support customers
with signal integrity issues.
- Work with cross-organization teams to ensure Platform & Silicon
Signal and power Integrity are in sync with overall program goals
and that silicon and platform development is supported.
- Develop and drive detailed workflow for all Platform & Silicon
Signal and power Integrity activities beginning with new product
pathfinding, through Server silicon product development, platform
design and the phased validation process
- Assure that all responsibilities are clearly defined across the
all Platform & Silicon Signal and power Integrity team and all
relevant and participating organizations
- Lead complex debug efforts for both internal and external (i.e.
customer/partner) findings to identify root cause and
- Defect prioritization and root-cause resolution plans
- Drive solid solutions to technical issues and design
- Transmission line theory and microwave engineering concepts
such as S-parameter, etc.
- Low-voltage swing signaling technologies.
- System-level timing analysis considering effects from silicon
IO, package, and board.
- State-of-the-art PCB stackup/construction.
- State-of-the-art microprocessor package
- I/O driver/receiver modeling for state-of-the-art high-speed
- In-depth knowledge of I/O buffer modeling, specifically
- modeling for high speed digital logic.
- AC/DC power delivery, power integrity analysis.
- Bit-Error-Rate (BER) theory and application to high-speed
- Expertise in analog simulation with Seasim, S2eye, Hspice, ADS,
ANSYS, or other toolsets.
- Expertise in 3-D modeling with ANSYS HFSS/Q3D and 2.5-D with
- Expertise with DSO, TDR, VNA, ParBERT measurement
- Ability to structure and execute complex analysis, draw
insights, and communicate summary findings/recommendations to
senior management as well as AMD customers
- Ability to network, build relationships and drive effective
decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and juggle multiple work
streams to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience managing people and technical teams
- Prior experience with x86 system design and validation
- Prior experience with testing tools and environments, defect
tracking and revision control
- Experience with High-speed analog signaling and power ,
simulation, and measurement
Requisition Number: 87201
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Austin , Sr. Manager Signal & Power Integrity - 87201, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!