Business Development Director
Company: Cherry Bekaert LLP
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Cherry Bekaert LLP, one of the nation's largest accounting and
consulting firms, is seeking a full-time business development
director to support the growing needs of our Austin practice.--This
newly-added Business Development professional will work in
collaboration with partners, consultants and professional staff to
improve the Cherry Bekaert's market position and expand new
business growth. Reporting to the Chief Business Development
Officer, key responsibilities include identifying new sales
opportunities and nurturing leads in our key industry niches of
technology, health& life sciences, real estate, industrial and
private equity. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead generation and active prospecting for potential new
clients that meet our target profile and are turned into closed new
- Initiation of new work opportunities and appointments for
Cherry Bekaert professionals.
- Leverage referral and contact network to generate leads and
- Cold call prospects as appropriate within market or geographic
area to ensure a robust pipeline of short-term targets.
- Meet potential clients and key decision makers within target
- Research and build targeted relationships with new
- Assist professionals with follow-up strategies and tactics to
help them meet new business goals.
- Plan and prepare professional teams for prospecting and
shortlist approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that address the client's
needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Gain consensus by clarifying and emphasizing agreements and
working through differences to come to a positive conclusion.
- Develop strong working relationships with subject matter
experts/specialists throughout the Firm.
- Mentor and support team members to further develop business
- Lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with
Cherry Bekaert's values.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in marketing and sales
- 5-10 years of sales experience in a B2B or professional
services environment. Business development professionals with tech
industry experience are highly preferred.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and new business
- Experience with solution selling into the C-suite of middle
- Experience with canvassing, cold calling and networking to meet
goals within a region
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize and respond
to inquiries from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of
options in complex situations.
- Excellent technology skills with solid experience in Microsoft
Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills
preferred. Experience tracking leads and activity in a CRM system
(MS Dynamics preferred).
- Experience with attending industry functions, such as
association events and conferences, and the ability to provide
feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. #LI-JH1 Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Cherry Bekaert LLP, Austin , Business Development Director, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!