Company: Diocese of Austin Catholic Schools
Posted on: April 6, 2021
St. Austin Catholic School, located in Austin, Texas, is
accepting applications for an Admission/Marketing Director. The
Admissions and Marketing Director fulfills the mission of the
Catholic school by planning and implementing the overall admission
and marketing plan for the school. The Director has decision-making
responsibilities within essential job functions, in keeping with
school policies. The position is hired and evaluated by the
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Austin are canonically obedient
to the Bishop and assist him in fulfilling his ministry and
canonical obligations. Pastors, presidents, and principals serve as
leaders of the schools to make Christ's mission present and
enduring in the schools. In order to fulfill Christ's mission, the
school leaders employ suitable, chosen collaborators, sharing with
them Christ's mission and entrusting to them various
Positions employed in this School help extend the ministry of the
School leaders in particular ways as outlined in the job
description. The employee in this position is closely connected to
and assists the School leaders in the performance of their ministry
and, therefore, engages in ministry for the Church.
- Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the
mission of the school.
- Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of
the Roman Catholic Church.
- Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in
religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities
- Support and adhere to the Standards of Conduct and policies and
procedures of the school.
- Plans and implements a comprehensive admission program
including enrollment strategies, admission events, student visits,
and orientations for prospective/new families.
- Conducts pre-registration for current families.
- Prepares admission material, maintains admission section of the
website, and initiates and maintains digital media marketing.
- Initiates the new student cumulative record during the
- Maintains the accuracy of the school's student/family database
and serves as the school resource for questions/training.
- Organizes inquiries and communications with local pastors
regarding parishioner eligibility and enrollment.
- Communicates effectively within the school community and with
- Supports office staff and their work as needed.
- Prepares statistical reports as needed.
- Maintains the schools archiving system for student
- Maintains photography permissions and shares with school
personnel and Development Office.
- Plans for and supports the preparation of the family
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in using job-appropriate technology.
- Skill in critical thinking and planning.
- Skill in demonstrating professionalism in conduct, demeanor,
and work habits.
- Skill in organizing and relating information in an
- Skill in collaborating with peers to enhance the work
environment and support instructional planning.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding school
- Ability to maintain current and accurate records according to
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with others in the school community.
- Ability to serve as a professional ambassador and
representative of the school
Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited American
university or equivalent in a foreign country.
Two years full time wage earning experience in related field.
Certifications and Training:
Valid Texas driver's license.
Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and
Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment
Must meet staff development guidelines as set forth by the Diocese
and school administration.
- All employees of the school are engaged in ministry and closely
tied to the Principal in the exercise of the Principal's ministry
and obligations to the school.
- The school is an at-will employer.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with priorities and plans
that may change rapidly.
- Working on weekends, evenings, and some holidays may be
- Will be exposed to religious ceremonies, conduct, and speech
including Christian prayer and Catholic liturgical celebrations.
Staff meetings and other functions may open and close with
- Will be required to adhere to established dress codes and
- All buildings and vehicles owned by the school are
- May be required to use personal or school vehicles to drive to
- Traveling within and outside the school to meetings and other
events may be required, and travel may include overnight
- Must maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to
students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
- Will be required to work in multiple educational settings.
Apply Now * Fields Are Required What is your full name? First Name
How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number Type What is your
preferred method of communication?
Keywords: Diocese of Austin Catholic Schools, Austin , Admissions Director, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!