Company: Raise Your Hand Texas
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Program Director (Director of Raising Blended Learners) Job
Title: Program Director (Director of Raising Blended Learners)
Department: Strategy and Evaluation
Location: Austin, Texas Job Purpose: The Director of Raising
Blended Learners is responsible for managing Raising Blended
Learners, a demonstration initiative showcasing strategies for
using blended learning to improve student achievement across
diverse student demographics and geographic regions in the state.
Launched in the summer of 2019 through a year-long competitive
application process, Raising Blended Learners will support school
district grantees from the 2021-22 school year through 2023-24. The
Director manages the implementation of blended learning in twenty
demonstration school districts across Texas, collaborating closely
with district leadership teams and technical assistance providers.
The Director is responsible for fund management and grant
disbursement, as well as regularly tracking key performance
indicators to drive programmatic improvement. The Director will
also support the development and publication of blended learning
resources and materials, in partnership with technical assistance
- Manage the implementation of blended learning in twenty
demonstration districts across Texas.
- Collaborate with technical assistance providers to design
blended learning trainings and curricular resources and oversee the
quality of all deliverables.
- Facilitate a statewide network of partnerships with relevant
stakeholders to continue the work post-grant completion.
- Oversee grantees to ensure grants are meeting program goals and
key performance indicators.
- Provide regular written reports monthly or as requested on
initiative implementation progress.
- Manage the initiative's budget, including annual grant
distributions, and provide regular financial reports.
- Conduct site visits to school districts to monitor
- Convene district leadership teams for training and support,
providing convening management and logistics.
- Research promising practices in blended learning
implementation, maintaining leading knowledge of the field.
- Serve as the organization's expert in blended learning,
regularly meeting with partners and presenting on the initiative.
- Graduate degree in an education-related field
- 5+ years of experience in non-profit program management or
- Experience collaborating with school administrators,
policymakers, technical assistance providers, and other education
- Ability to coordinate and manage a partnership-based
- Proven ability to manage a deadline-driven project and ensure
- Knowledge of blended learning preferred
- Experience in program evaluation preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in planning and managing logistics
- Willingness to travel as needed to support partnerships and
monitor implementation progress
- Commitment to improving public education for all Texas students
The Raise Your Hand Texas Foundation is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religious
creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color,
sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, age,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, political activity or
affiliation, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability),
medical condition (including cancer, genetic characteristics and as
otherwise defined under applicable law), veteran or military
status, marital status, taking or requesting statutorily protected
leave, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
All such discrimination is unlawful. In addition, Raise Your Hand
prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases
listed above or any other characteristics protected by law. Raise
Your Hand's commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to
all persons involved in the operations of Raise Your Hand and
prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Raise Your
Hand, including supervisors and coworkers. This policy applies to
all employment decisions and conditions of employment, including
hiring, placement, promotion, performance review, training,
transfer, facilities, compensation, benefits, programs and
terminations. We are committed to equal opportunity. We believe
that an environment in which diversity is valued and encouraged
allows all employees an opportunity to succeed and to contribute to
the Raise Your Hand Texas Foundation's success. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill these
requirements. Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with
experience. The Raise Your Hand Texas Foundation offers a benefits
package, including health, dental, life, and retirement. This
position is grant-funded. Subscribe to our e-newsletter for Texas
education news, stories, policy insights, and ways to make a
difference. We only use this information to send emails relevant to
you and will never share this information with third parties. 1005
Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701 - (512) 617-2121
Keywords: Raise Your Hand Texas, Austin , Director, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!