Manager, Senior PMO Project
Company: Austin Community College District
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background
checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions.
Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all
top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police
department. College Profile Austin Community College (ACC) is a
public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of
approximately 41,000 credit students each fall and spring semester.
We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our
mission statement. We promote student success and community
development by providing affordable access, through traditional and
distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce
training, including appropriately applied baccalaureate degrees, in
our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community.
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching.
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access
to educational opportunities.
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for underrepresented populations.
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC. Our
Mission The Austin Community College District promotes student
success and community--development by providing affordable access,
through traditional and distance learning--modes, to higher
education and workforce training in its service area.
For more information, see
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion ACC is committed to the ongoing
systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment,
inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved
and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic
community engagement and professional development of
administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college
demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for
As an open-access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a
diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds of our students. The College values and is committed to
equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the College community.
General Statement of Job To manage projects of varying complexity
for the Information Technology (IT) Department. The IT Project
Manager will perform as a business analyst, project coordinator,
and relationship manager for their aligned business unit as they
relate to IT Project work.-- Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones and
required activities and tasks.
- Establishes understanding of how technology fits into strategic
goals of aligned business units.
- Acts as a liaison between business units and IT ensuring
communication and understanding of project scope and
- Performs opportunity assessments by analyzing requests from
business units based on criteria including cost, risks, benefits,
ROI, expected delivery etc.
- Documents and collects business requirements, workflows, and
dependencies from business units as required for project work.
Works with the purchasing department on bid solicitations as
- Communicates project methodology and processes, and coordinates
project activities with stakeholders and others.
- Constructs project documentation and facilitates approvals to
ensure project deliverables are acceptable and fulfill the terms of
the project charter. Monitors and manages project tasks to ensure
project is completed within expected timeline.
- Compiles and constructs project status reports, project budget
expenditures tasks lists, and other project information as needed
- Identifies potential project risks and difficulties and informs
management of issues. Designs strategies to mitigate or avoid
- Assesses project scope changes and analyzes effects to project
timelines and plans.
- Assess and analyzes opportunities so leadership can make
informed decisions, monitor the progress and schedule of projects,
and communicate with project stakeholders, management, and other
relevant parties to ensure visibility and alignment into project
- Facilitates project milestones, and enforces stage gate rules
and regulations for each project.
- Coordinates project activities with stakeholders, management,
and other relevant parties. Knowledge Must possess required
knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without
reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job
can be performed.
- Project management methodologies, experience in Agile delivery
methodologies is a plus
- Information technology and instructional resources technology
terminology, practices, policies, procedures, and specification
development of hardware and software.
- Financial, personnel, and administrative functions of a
- Budget & resource planning, projection, and analysis.
- Information technology project management processes and
procedures. Skills Must possess required skills and be able to
explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations,
that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with
attention to detail and follow-through.--
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships,
including the ability to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to analyze complex information and develop plans to
address identifies issues.--
- Effectively using negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and
presentation software. Required Work Experience
- Three years related work experience. Preferred Work Experience
- Four years related work experience.
- Seven or more years of rrogressively responsible IT experience,
with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving.
- Five years of experience successfully managing complex and
- Business unit or business unit-facing experience, with
sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams Required
Education Preferred Education
- Bachelor's degree in business information systems (IS),
computer science or related field. Special Requirements
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for
travel in the Austin area as required. Other Preferred
- PMP Certification. Physical Requirements
- Work is primarily performed in a standard office
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds. Safety
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Information for
This Posting Only
- This is a benefit eligible position funded through January 31,
2022 and is subject to renewal. The College is unable to support
candidates who require sponsorship to work in the United States.
ACC Benefits Overview Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table
employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the
College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first
of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits
include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term
disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in
the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional
Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly
employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a
retirement program required by Federal law. Disclaimer The above
description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor
is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and
abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may
change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change,
amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with
or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other
duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. As required by the US Department of Education, employees
are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime
Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to
report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security
Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided
resources for reporting.
Keywords: Austin Community College District, Austin , Manager, Senior PMO Project, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!