Business Development Manager, Energy Storage
Company: Recurrent Energy
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Business Development Manager, Energy Storage Development - North
America Austin, Texas SF, Walnut Creek or Texas, California or
Texas Business Development Manager, Energy Storage FLSA Status
Exempt Functional Area Origination and Structuring Grade
Associate/Manager Summary Reporting to the Director of Business
Development, Energy Storage , the Manager, Energy Storage is
responsible f or driving the company' s power marketing activities
for utility grid-connected energy storage , P hoto V oltaic ("PV")
+ storage, and related storage products in the U.S. The Manager,
Energy Storage will lead Recurrent's energy storage related power
marketing efforts within a small storage team working across
Recurrent's portfolio . The team will work closely with other
internal groups in developing new energy storage market strategies
, customer relationships , and products. This individual will have
significant wholesale energy market and energy storage experience .
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Work to expand Recurrent's energy storage pipeline, including
focus areas and siting considerations for stand-alone and PV+S
pipeline across new markets .
- Management of energy storage market strategy, execution, and
project valuation assumptions.
- Apply technical knowledge of energy storage to off - taker and
energy market values and visa versa to structure and optimize
energy storage products.
- Build models and analysis to aid internal approval process and
external power marketing activities .
- Develop proposals and project level content, transactional
support , c omplete financial and economic analys e s .
- Apply understanding of energy, capacity , and ancillary
services markets, and RTO/ISO market structures to daily
- Participate in contract negotiations, including : terms, risks,
pricing, and payment s . Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Indirect fiscal responsibility through financial modeling and
assisting to close external customer transactions
- Works across Origination & Structuring team, as well as with
Development, Mergers & Acquisitions, Project Finance, and others in
- Reports to the Director of Business Development, Energy
- Supports Analysts and Associates in proposal preparation, PPA
negotiations, acquisitions, and market analyses
- Coordinates with internal teams on proposals, co ntract
negotiations and technical analyses
- Interacts with external customers and market counterparties
Requirements Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of electric utility tariff and rate st ructures
concepts and practices.
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects
and responsibilities with several individuals .
- Proactive and confident leader - takes the initiative to
anticipate needs, prevent issues before they arise , and creatively
and responsibly solve problems .
- Self-directed - can work independently to meet deadlines,
prioritize workload and make sound decisions .
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills -solid
interpersonal skills, professionalism , and tact required .
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office. Abilities
- Ability to conduct contract negotiations, including : terms,
risks, pricing, and payment s . Experience with capacity contracts
and/or energy trading a plus.
- Sufficient technical ability to work directly with customers to
assess specific energy storage applications , and efficiently
leverage in ternal technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to learn technologies is essential.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide-range of individuals at
all organizational levels .
- Highly resourceful and comfortable working in an unstructured,
- Upbeat & energetic - enjoys working in a fast-paced
environment, is motivated by excellence , and with a strong sense
of urgency to get things done . Experience & Education
- 3-5 years of d emonstrated commercial energy storage experience
- Bachelors degree required, MBA is a plus.
- Experience working with utilities, regulators, legislators,
trade associations , and other stakeholders to reach successful
outcomes. Understanding of policy and political p rocesses is a
- Business development experience including : identifying new
customers, creating value propositions, and negotiati ng &
executing revenue contracts.
- U nderstanding of energy market structures and key products
- Strong financial experience with demonstrated understanding of
project pro- formas ; experience with third -party project
financing a plus.
- Experience working in cross functional teams . You have been
redirected to a Recurrent Energy job page
Keywords: Recurrent Energy, Austin , Business Development Manager, Energy Storage, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!