Director, Global Compensation Market Data & Insights
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with
one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and
be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the
Common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global
payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do:
Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second
for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use
digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global
advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the
world to help those who lack access to financial services join the
global economy. Visa s sponsorships, including the Olympics and
FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence
throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in
the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an Uncommon
opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by
our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to
people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is
everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. Job Description
Compensation team and various HR functions. Successful candidates
will be highly strategic in nature, have strong communication and
relationship building skills and enjoy working with highly
collaborative teams. The Director will be a key member of the
Compensation team and work closely with their internal counterparts
for successful planning and delivery of Visa s compensation
programs and services to the business.
* Develops overarching global strategy on participation in relevant
compensation surveys. Manages annual market benchmarking
* Keeps abreast of compensation trends and regulations, ensuring
that programs and pay actions meet business needs and comply with
applicable federal, state, provincial and local
* Develops and runs customized reports as well as data extracts and
provides special project support as required. Prepares special
studies and recommendations related to compensation plans,
processes, or expenses. Generates modeling for salary and variable
* Analyzes survey data and makes recommendations for salary range
adjustments and individual market or equity adjustments. Maintains
market pricing survey administration system.
* Supports the annual review process, which includes budget
planning, system setup, communication & training, implementation,
and coordinating with payroll/equity processing.
* Drives an effective partnership between Compensation and other HR
teams to support workload and execution, sharing/transfer of
knowledge, increase understanding of international issues and all
aspects and considerations around compensation programs and
* 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor s Degree or at least
8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g.
Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a
* Bachelor's/Degree or equivalent experience required.
* Typically requires a minimum of 10-12 years progressively
responsible business/HR experience, with majority in compensation
* Strong teamwork skills required to work in a fast moving matrixed
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Ability to present information in a concise and meaningful manner
to managers and executives.
* Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills, and
ability to lead by influence and example.
* Strong planning, organizational, consulting and problem solving
* Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop
quantitative models (e.g. business case and complex
* Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
* Strong project management skills with ability to drive consensus
in cross regional and cross-functional teams.
* Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
knowledge of Workday and compensation management tools (like
Towers/Watson REWARD) highly desirable.
* Has a strong understanding of core HR business practices,
processes, and terminology (HRIS, Compensation, Benefits,
recruiting, performance management, time and attendance) and
ability to develop solutions for the business needs.
* Experience working in a global environment on compensation and
related issues strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of equity plans and international compensation issues
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and
applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business
hours. May require meetings outside of core business hours to
connect with global partners.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position
will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate
in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office
equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a
precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor
applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Location: Austin, TX. Relocation assistance will not be offered
Keywords: Visa, Austin , Director, Global Compensation Market Data & Insights, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!