Posted on: May 16, 2020
The Maintenance Manager is highly engaged in business processes
related to the ongoing support of facility machine health,
equipment and employee safety, people management and continuous
improvement. The Maintenance Manager oversees the day to day
processes within the tech team department, is responsible for
relaying information back to internal customers and communicating
with external vendors and service providers. This role is a
critical component in the effectiveness of plant equipment; and has
a direct impact on the overall profitability of the organization
and is considered a high visibility role.
Mission of the Position:
This position will work in conjunction with Production Departments,
Managers, Senior Leadership and outside vendors in order to
analyze, develop and execute strategies in support of the company's
goals. The primary objectives are to increase machine reliability
and maximize machine uptime, ensure all equipment is safe for use,
provide professional development opportunities for direct reports,
and manage projects centered around continuous improvement.
Secondary objectives of this position include managing a
maintenance and repair budget, data analysis and weekly reporting,
vendor service management, and employee management.
Desired outcomes/Principle Duties:
- Monitor Maintenance Team performance and prioritize
- Daily observance of work order trends and patterns.
- Exception management (focus on cases that deviate from the
norm), utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Continuous Improvement project scoping and management.
- Budget review, creation, and purchase order approval.
- Identify and execute on cost-saving initiatives within the
- Review team metrics weekly and reporting out.
- Review equipment data weekly and reporting out, highlighting
trends, wins, and tensions.
- Drive Equipment Safety initiatives. Including daily floor walk,
performing equipment safety audits.
- Communicate with equipment manufacturers to schedule service
visits & service contracts.
- Schedule and organize on and off site training events for
- Maintain a Labor Demand Model for both yourself and your
- Peak season planning, including labor, equipment readiness, and
spare part preparation.
- Consumable/spare parts inventory management.
- Manage the Maintenance Team, including personnel responsibility
such as recruiting, training, coaching, and performance
- Design or implement standard work and documentation for
Maintenance Team processes.
- Quarterly event planning for team-building activities, within
an allotted budget.
- Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) planning and
- Clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions, set
objectives and measures, monitor process, progress, and results,
and document all procedures and train staff to the latter.
- Ensure the Maintenance Team has tools needed to perform
To be successful in this role one must demonstrate:
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strategic and solutions-oriented.
- Customer/Client focus.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate tensions to and hold accountable outside
- Maintenance Technician, or people management experience
required, with an emphasis on service technician management,
support department management, process management and/or other
- Experience with Computer Maintenance Management Systems such as
Asset Essentials is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing and OSHA
- Proven ability to set clear expectations and hold people
accountable to those expectations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, both
written and verbal.
Keywords: BuildASign.com, Austin , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!