Director, Environmental, Social and Governance
Company: Yeti Coolers
Posted on: February 17, 2020
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever
and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here,
you'll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work
and problem solve with innovative team members by your side.
Together, you'll help our customers get the high-quality gear they
need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE
In this role, you will report to the SVP, Talent with a location in
Austin, Texas. Your key stakeholders will include both internal and
external constituents including employees, suppliers, partners,
consumers, the Senior Leadership team, CEO, the Board of Directors
and investors. You will be responsible for strong global
collaboration with key business functions to influence the business
to drive improving metrics across sustainability and ESG
You are someone with broad knowledge of social, environmental
sustainability and governance issues with a passion for driving
progress at YETI and a track record of building a strategy and
program from the ground up. You have working experience within the
Consumer Durables space. You will possess strong skills and
competencies including: ability to roll up your sleeves and dig
into the work, collaborate cross-functionally, professional
experience as an ESG or CSR leader at a publicly traded company or
driven corporate ESG initiatives that tie to strategic business
objectives, the ability to influence, empower and mentor
colleagues, the ability to work autonomously, and demonstrate
diplomacy, flexibility, and accountability.Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a multi-pronged strategy for Environmental
Social and Governance (ESG).
- Establish objectives and milestones to achieve short and
long-term goals, embedding our strategy within the functional areas
as an integrated part of how we work.
- Prioritize the issues that are most important to YETI, our
consumers and shareholders while considering opportunities for
business growth and risk mitigation.
- Develop external ESG reporting and work collaboratively across
Supply Chain, Product, Legal, Finance, Sales, Marketing and Talent
to drive program awareness and communicate program
- Develop and implement YETI corporate programs to drive
awareness and achieve intended targets.
- Create and drive engagement opportunities that serve employees,
suppliers, consumers and partners while aligning with YETI's
mission and vision.
- Build existing and new ESG programs that align to the strategy
and leverage to expand opportunities within the business.
- Develop and execute an overall program/project management,
operational, and change management strategy related to business
- Create dashboards and reporting to track performance for
various audiences (employees, Executives & Board level).
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement successful
marketing, corporate communications and PR strategies.
- Act as a thought leader in ESG; Understanding current and
future challenges within the industry and educating and
prioritizing these issues with internal teams and external
- At least 10 years of professional experience within ESG or CSR
that include driving corporate ESG/CSR initiatives that tie to
strategic business objectives; 8 years of team leadership
- Bachelor's Degree required (Master's Degree
- Experience building and executing a global program from scratch
with a mix of both publicly traded and start-up companies is
- Consumer Durables industry experience is required.
- Practical and innovative leader with a track record for
translating strategic thinking into action plans and results.
Ability to balance idealism with pragmatism.
- Creative thinker with strong interest in executing new
strategies to drive increasing value to our customers, partners,
suppliers, shareholders, and employees.
- Strong presentation skills with experience working at both
executive and board levels.
- Possess executive presence and interpersonal skills that enable
you to build relationships internally and externally.
- Strong public speaking experience including engagements at
conferences, with investors and media.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build out metrics
and synthesize data.
- Possess soft skills and competencies that include:
Inspirational leadership, holistic ownership, strategic focus,
operational intensity, communicating with impact, and acting as a
- Possess an established network of ESG/CSR colleagues from whom
you can seek advice.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as SDG's, reporting standards
such as SASB or GRI, and ratings agencies such as MSCI and ISS.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Yeti Coolers, Austin , Director, Environmental, Social and Governance, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!