Catering Sales Manager - Social
Company: Omni Hotels & resorts
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Barton Creek Resort & Spa Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is
due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of
associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark
high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment
where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is
encouraged then this is the place for you. Omni Barton Creek Resort
and Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment,
comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that
comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional
service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment
day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a
passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect
match.Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is seeking a dynamic sales
leader who brings leadership, revenue driven hotel sales experience
and is interested in joining and industry leading company. You will
be a senior sales manager, leading our efforts managing an assigned
territory and engage key account relationships. To assist in
implementing all strategies to generate and maximize overall
revenue, through marketing, sales, promotion, advertising, and
public relations that will impact positively on all operating
departments of the hotel. To assist the Director of Catering Sales
in support of the sales operation and work closely with Catering
Sales, Conference Services Department, and Reservation Sales
Department to maximize revenues
- Solicitation of direct-selling in the Social Catering
- Event planning and detailing for booked events.
- Maximize Catering revenues wherever possible and minimize
erosions of check averages from price-sensitive groups.
- Communication of function-arrangement to all responsible hotel
- Communication with clients prior to events to initiate,
negotiate, and close contracts for all catered functions.
- Creations of profitable menus and distribution of client
expectations to Food and Beverage Departments.
- Coordinate Catering support service (flowers, entertainment,
decoration, A/A, etc.) to provide complete client
- Physically double check all function arrangements against
specifications of client. Correct where necessary.
- Client contract and effective communication
- Update and increase client prospects through active prospecting
of key local wedding planners
- Maximize revenues for the hotel through up-selling
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental training.
- Collaborate with Director of Catering on creating weekly and
monthly forecasting procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Catering.
- College degree preferred.
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in hotel catering
sales with an emphasis on social planning
- Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under
pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot
- Command of the English language both written and verbal, with
the ability to demonstrate warmth and empathy when engaging with
- Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentations
- Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques
- Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to
Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook. Delphi FDC
- The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights,
weekends, and holidays
- Proactively explore networking opportunities
- Strong relationship skills with local wedding planners, vendors
and key wedding intermediaries
- Community leadership experienceOmni Hotels & Resorts is an
equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the
Law poster and its supplement are available using the following
links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are
interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts
and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Omni Hotels & resorts, Austin , Catering Sales Manager - Social, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!