IOT Principal Performance SW Engineer
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Harnessing the full potential of IoT requires adding intelligence
to every stage. Smarter data gathering at the edge, smarter compute
at the core and deeper learning at the cloud computing stage
driving up the IQ of IoT. From self-driving cars to self-monitoring
jet engines to self-regulating factories, sensors at the edge need
to generate and act on smarter data.The IOT Software Engineering
team delivers new products for a changing world. Working at the
cutting edge, we design and develop products enabling the full
potential of the data in the edge-core-cloud continuum all with the
most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering
methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external
partners.We are looking for aPrincipal Performance SW
Engineerfocused on using the latest technology and tools to gauge
the scalability and speed of our Platform and APIs. We engineer our
platform for speed, optimal resource usage on on-premise and cloud,
and user experience while making them reliable and robust.
Candidates should display abilities to innovate and be creative.Why
Work For Us:Dell is more than a technology company we are a people
company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over
100,000 employees all over the world providing them with
unparalleled growth and development opportunities. Dell is primed
to recruit the best and brightest candidates taking pride in
fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We
also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they
- Define and implement best practices for performance engineering
of large-scale IOT platform.
- Help application teams in scaling their applications and sizing
the hardware required to meet projected load.
- Implement perfromance best practices for Cloud Native
Applications to be deployed at the edge, on-prem and cloud.
- Monitor Microservices in production to identify and improve
latencies and optimize resource utilization
- Analyzing business requirements, processes, data, and system
integration points to determine / recommend appropriate technology
- Agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we re
doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we re doing right so we can
improve on it.Requirements:
- 8+ years of related experience building highly-available and
scalable distributed systems.
- Software development experience using several of the following
languages/frameworks: Java, Spring, Go, Python and Spark.
- Expert knowledge of object oriented programming , Architecture
and Design Patterns.
- Expert in Microservices and Cloud Native Applications.
- Expert in Container Technologies and Kubernetes.
- Experience developing high performance applications.
- Experience with network infrastructure.
- Experience utilizing app resiliency strategies.
- Expertise with Agile software development methodology, TDD, XP
- Experience with version control (ex: Git).
- Experience in Security and best practices.
- Good understanding of Machine-learning and Deep-learning.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey
technical information effectively to both IT and business
audiences.Nice To Have:
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure
as a Service (IaaS) such as vSphere, OpenStack, Amazon Web
Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.
- Contributing to large open source projects is a plus.
- Previous experience building end to end Machine Learning
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity
for all employees and to providing employees with a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment
decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and
individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion
or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including
pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV
Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based
on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and
Inclusion at Dell ."LIPriority" Associated topics: algorithm,
application, back end, c#, developer, matlab, perl, python, sdet,
Keywords: Dell, Austin , IOT Principal Performance SW Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!