Process Engineer Senior (P&C)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 19, 2019
Purpose of JobA strategic partner in identifying potential process
engineering opportunities. Leads and facilitates cross-functional
teams, in the application of process engineering principles to
design and/or optimize business processes and their overall
performance. Manages multiple initiatives of significant scope and
complexity. Independently, under minimal supervision, performs
complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems,
processes or channels; may also conduct change management efforts
of moderate to high complexity impacting one or multiple CoSA's
cross-functional processes. Provides guidance to team members in
the development and delivery of their work products critical to
goal achievement and team success. Provides insight to management
on issues.Job Requirements
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business and
process engineering discipline.
- Assembles key participants, leads, guides and facilitates cross
functional, collaborative teams in business improvement and
development initiatives using property, plant, and equipment
standards and guidelines to optimize the overall efficiency and
effectiveness of the process.
- Identifies, validates and communicates business efforts.
- Utilizes knowledge of customers, products, processes and
property, plant, and equipment expertise to analyze business
problem(s) and determine the best methodology to resolve defect or
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes and develops and
recommends key work products.
- Drives improvement efforts based on analysis.
- Analyzes processes to identify areas of improvement and provide
appropriate analytics to facilitate business effort
- Conducts complex statistical analysis.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on
escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work
- Identifies opportunities and potential process engineer
- Shapes vision, mobilizes commitment and leads team to change
process, systems and structures to achieve vision.
- Provides insight to management on issues.
- Identifies the information entities share across the business,
and the relationships between those entities.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline. 4 additional years
of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a Degree .
- 6 or more years process improvement and/or relevant business
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of statistics, LEAN Six
Sigma, data analysis, and industry tools (SIPOC, VOC, Process
Mapping, Process Requirements), and process engineering
methodologies.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
job level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Certifications: Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (CLSSGB),
Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (CLSSBB), Certified Project
Manager (CPM), Project Management Professional (PMP),
- Agile Experience and/or Certifications
- General understanding of P&C Insurance
- General understanding of Business Risk and Controls
- Experience with business analysis, basic statistics and
synthesizing and reporting out results and improvement
recommendations at Executive level
- Process re-engineering and transformation
- Demonstrated experience documenting processes and proceduresThe
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also
offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you
manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
9/22/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Austin , Process Engineer Senior (P&C), Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!