Senior Test Automation Engineer
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Senior Test Automation Engineer Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer to join the
Enterprise Business System Deployment team. This position requires
extraordinary drive and forward-thinking, a high level of
multitasking and collaboration abilities, along with the
flexibility to grow with additional responsibilities and
efficiently respond to changing priorities. Our new team member
will work in a positive, supportive team manner with our
development team, product owners to ensure all technical solutions
retain a high level of quality. This team member will need to be
able to work independently as well as with the team to estimate
automation script and manual test efforts.
- Follow and maintain test automation best practices, stay up to
date with the latest test automation technology.
- Partner with other teams to create integrated automated tests
between systems. Technical depth to develop and execute automated
test scripts that cover a vast collection of scenarios such as
functional, interface, stress, performance, security, integration,
usability, system, acceptance, regression, smoke, and end-to-end
endurance validation. Ample experience training, reviewing, and
providing feedback on automated test scripts to junior
contributors. Experience with automation for software deployed in a
cloud environment utilizing cloud service platforms such as AWS.
Experience working in Azure DevOps and familiar with automations in
a cloud environment. Proven experience ensuring automation scripts
follow a sustainable, consistent, scalable, and expandable
architecture. Experience translating Acceptance Criteria, and
design specifications into robust test cases that ensure
requirements and objectives are met. Ability to interpret
application code to validate logic and data flow. Develop and
maintain robust test suites in our test management system.
- Work closely with the environment analyst to communicate test
environment needs and timelines.
- Assist in tuning code for existing systems and advise with
planning of future systems.
- Work closely with development, fellow testers, product owners,
business partners, and infrastructure teams to ensure that all
updates and changes made are high quality.
- Work with fellow automation engineers to conduct peer code
- Actively participate in the decision making and prioritization
process for changes to systems
- Understand needs and wants of the business partners - how they
do their work and what they need.
- Provide test documentation and training as needed. Contribute
and participate in knowledge transfer sessions.
- Consistently follow team processes, and actively participate in
- Assist in coaching others. Participate in peer-to-peer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or
relevant work experience. 8+ years of Engineering or IT QA
experience, with no less than 5 years of automated scripting
- Understanding of software engineering best practices and
- Experience designing and developing automation test frameworks
and tools in Java or C#/C++, or equivalent.
- Experience designing and developing mobile automation scripts
- Experience with Azure DevOps and CI/CD .
- Experience with Continuous Development/Deployment/Integration
design and best practices.
- Experience creating automation strategy, tooling, and
resourcing across multiple teams.
- Understanding of databases, tables, relationships, triggers and
data structures. High proficiency in SQL for either SQL Server or
- A strong understanding of all phases of the Software Testing
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact with business
users and maintain productive working relationships with other IT
- Willingness to learn and share new technologies with fellow IT
- Exhibit the flexibility necessary to effectively manage change
and thrive in an evolving organization.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Azure
DevOps, Selenium, Appium, Java, qTest, JIRA
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship,
disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Brooksource, Austin , Senior Test Automation Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!