Instrumentation Project Engineer
Company: Samsung Austin Semiconductor
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Position SummarySamsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the
most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United
States. Owned by Samsung Electronics Corporation Ltd., SAS is the
only semiconductor manufacturing plant located outside of Korea.
SAS manufactures logic components for digital services, personal
computers, mobile phones, workstations and servers. Since 1997, SAS
has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the
world's digital devices to operate at the highest performance.
The Infra Tech Construction team is focused on code compliance,
safety, and system performance for new construction, remodel
construction, and sustaining operation evaluation of existing
facilities. As part of the ITC Department, you will provide support
by managing site consultant design team to develop, review and
approve SAS site I&C specifications and design packages for
commercial/process systems. As well as, manage construction general
contractor activities related to new and retrofit construction.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product
supplier.Role and Responsibilities
- Leading strategic fab and support building planning for
instrumentation and process systems related to new and retrofit
- Coordinating continuous improvement of equipment process
controls and performing regular site field observation for
implementation of best practices and development of new project
- Interfacing with site EHS and Facilities Operations,
Maintenance and Engineering teams as the single point-of-contact
for instrumentation work related to on-going design and
- Specifically, this position will act as the single
point-of-contact for the Facilities Instrumentation Team on all
- Providing technical guidance to contracted design teams for
facility construction design, preparing specifications and sequence
of operation for control of process systems and leading a
multi-cultural team of contract design staff.
- Managing schedule, cost and quality for contractor and
subcontractor work related to controls and leading a multi-cultural
team of contract construction staff.
- Identifying, tracking, managing, resolving and communicating
project issues during all phases of project-related work.
- Proactively identifying, managing, and mitigating project risk
points related to safety and code compliance.
- Managing stakeholders in a customer-service oriented team.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-year degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering at an
ABET accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years Electrical/I&C design and project
experience focused on process systems in an industrial
- 3+ years in a construction setting and experience in
Petrochemical or Semiconductor industries is preferred.
- Working knowledge of IBC, IFC, and other codes and standards
applicable to process system design and construction.
- Registered Professional Engineer in state of Texas, or
registered in another state with ability to transfer is a
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience managing and leading projects including design,
specification, and construction administration.
- Working knowledge of industrial process control systems design
- Strong creative problem solving skills, leadership potential,
and a desire to contribute to leading-edge planning and
optimization projects with aggressive goals and timelines.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel for data analysis including
Pivot Tables, data source linking through VLOOKUP, and simple
- Ability to read and understand design plans, shop drawings, and
review work in progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including
presentation skills are required to effectively communicate
technical content to various organizations.
- Permanent right to work in US and ability to work overtime / on
non-scheduled days as required.
defaults according to your location. You can change
Country/Language at the bottom of the page. If you are European
Economic Resident, please click here.
Keywords: Samsung Austin Semiconductor, Austin , Instrumentation Project Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!