Graduate Verification Enablement Engineer
Company: Arm Holding
Posted on: August 16, 2019
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job DescriptionWe are searching for a creative and talented
Graduate Software Engineer to join the innovative Raven Random Test
Generator team at the Austin office. On our team, you would help
improve our product through close collaboration with senior CPU
verification engineers, both inside and outside of Arm, to define
and develop new technologies and state of the art methods to
achieve their verification goals.
We are part of Arm's Architecture & Technology Group - the part of
Arm that is responsible for developing architectural specifications
and other technologies needed to support Arm's partners in
successful development of processors conforming to the
architecture. In addition to our product for CPU verification
groups, we also collaborate early and frequently with Arm's
architects to help Arm ensure that new architectures can be
What will I do day-to-day?
As a part of our team, your day-to-day work would consist primarily
of software development in C++, and would rely heavily upon your
knowledge of computer architecture concepts and ability to read and
understand new architectural specifications. If you are looking for
an environment where you can make a significant contribution,
collaborate with a talented team that builds leading-edge
verification technologies and methodologies, we're looking forward
to hearing from you.Role & Responsibilities:
- debug and fix issues reported by customers on Raven, a C++
based dynamic random instruction set generator
- work on development and deployment of Raven for A, R, and
- architect and implement Raven features, considering customer
requirements and Raven roadmap
- actively participate in feature discussions and help set
direction of Raven development
- organize and provide customer training, as needed
What skills or qualifications do I need?You should have:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer
- experience with modern C++
- experience with Perl or Python
- good understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- good written and verbal communication skills
- ability to juggle multiple projects
- some experience with assembly language programming ,software
development on Linux, pre-silicon verification, testbenches,
modeling, or hardware design
- ideally some exposure to multiple architectures (preferably Arm
- experience with SystemVerilog
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare
culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to
defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone
misses out when we don't.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and
own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
BenefitsYour particular benefits package will depend on position
and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package
will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program
provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay
innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and
create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only,
shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities,
team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for
health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel
Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information,
please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
About ArmArm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and
connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live
and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our
advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the
intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering
products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most
famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation
into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network
and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all
our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share
their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
About the officeThe Arm Austin office employs staff from across all
divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North
America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the
high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the
"Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by
Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix
are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top
destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
Keywords: Arm Holding, Austin , Graduate Verification Enablement Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!