Senior Verification Engineer
Company: Arm Holding
Posted on: August 16, 2019
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job DescriptionWe have an exciting opportunity for a hardworking
and experienced Verification Engineer to join the Architecture and
Technology team at the ARM Austin Design Center.
As an Engineer with the Verification Enablement team, you will
collaborate closely with senior members of multiple processor
design verification teams, both inside and outside of ARM, to
verify next-generation microprocessors and system IP. And, you will
work alongside RIS developers to define, develop, and improve
processor verification infrastructure and methods to support the
latest architectural innovations.
In this role, you will work directly with customers to understand
their needs and issues and relies on knowledge and understanding of
computer architecture concepts. If you are looking for an
environment where you can make a meaningful contribution,
collaborate with a talented team that employs leading-edge
verification technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest
quality products then we want to hear from you!
What will I be accountable for?
- Maintain RTL builds across multiple designs and
- Triage top-level RTL fails to root cause
- Work with RIS developers and Infrastructure team to optimize
bug hunting regression flows
- Execution of CPU DV with focus on improvement of IP quality,
stress testing and bug hunting
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Electrical/Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant technical
- 2+ years industry experience in pre-silicon verification,
testbenches, modelling, or hardware design
- Experience in writing/debugging assembly-based tests
- Solid understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Experience with scripting languages (preferably Python or
- Experience with a hardware verification language (System
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with instruction driven verification of processors
based on CPU Assembly or C/C++
- Experience with ARM architecture
- Experience with FPGA pre-silicon verification and debug
- Experience with functional coverage methodologies and EDA
- Experience with object-oriented programming language (C++,
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare
culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to
defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone
misses out when we don't.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and
own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
BenefitsYour particular benefits package will depend on position
and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package
will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program
provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay
innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and
create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only,
shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities,
team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for
health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel
Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information,
please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
About ArmArm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and
connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live
and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our
advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the
intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering
products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most
famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation
into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network
and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all
our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share
their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
About the officeThe Arm Austin office employs staff from across all
divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North
America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the
high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the
"Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by
Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix
are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top
destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
Keywords: Arm Holding, Austin , Senior Verification Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!