Photo Process Engineer
Company: Samsung Austin Semiconductor
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Position SummarySamsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most
advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with
more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor
space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process
technology offerings serving customers in various application areas
including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing,
Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested
approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one
of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung
Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few
semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit
The Photo Operations team is focused on delivering solutions by
developing 24x7x365 teams of elite, fab-oriented, excursion-free,
safety and quality minded members. As part of the Photo Operations
team, you will work together to support one another and our
customers regardless of organizational boundaries.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product
supplier.Role and Responsibilities
- As a member of the photo process team, engineers are
responsible for performing activities that maintain the flow of
production through the factory, maintaining high quality, and
working to achieve the company's business objectives.
- This includes but is not limited to: troubleshooting basic tool
issues and making decisions based on effective data analysis;
responding to failures using existing procedures; proposing
solutions using existing best known methods and procedures; daily
process monitoring for SPC trends and change point monitoring;
performing data analysis and making informed decisions based on
findings; providing support for abnormal events; ongoing
defectivity and yield improvement; interact with external
yield/defect/manufacturing teams; and implementing operational
projects using LEAN principles to improve existing practices and
- As a member of photo, having high energy with a focus on
safety, quality, and driving proactive continuous improvement is
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced knowledge in photolithography process and
understanding of photolithography process qualification.
- Own a critical module of the process flow: investigate quality
issues, improve process margins, and maintain high level of process
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced
- Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to
develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Perform routine process monitoring, adjustments and
qualification in a high-speed, high-throughput manufacturing
- Interface with process/equipment engineers and fab technicians
to audit and evolve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and OCAPs
for completeness and correctness.
- Disposition lots, identifying the critical failures that imply
bigger problems. Fix those problems or document and escalate.
- Ability to understand and manipulate overlay process
- Regularly monitor current and incoming inventory and remove
path restrictions to allow continuous flow of production material
through photo equipment.
- Use standardized closed loop techniques to track and close
urgent interlocks, and verify corrective actions taken are
- Identify and drive operational improvement projects, using LEAN
principles, to streamline or eliminate existing practices.
- Designs and runs all aspects of experiments to test
- Able to work well in a team environment and effectively
communicate throughout organization.
- Familiar with foundry style semiconductor manufacturing and
logic semiconductor manufacturing.
- Work a flexible schedule based on company needs which include
(but are not limited to) night shift rotations, weekend, and
holiday coverage split amoungst the team.
- Understanding of semiconductor wafer processing
- Ability to follow documented procedures.
- Data Collection and Statistical Methods.
- Ability to prepare and present reports of a technical
- Staged Troubleshooting.
- Structured Problem Solving.
- Dedicated to meeting and surpassing expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- The role of the photo process engineer is split between an
office environment and a Class 100 Cleanroom.
- Office: desk/workstation with personal computer, natural and
- Cleanroom: sudden alarms, sounds exceeding 65dB, yellow
florescent lighting, must be gowned in issued cleanroom attire
which includes but not limited to smock, over-boots, nitrile/vinyl
gloves, and surgical mask.
- While performing the normal duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
- The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee
may occasionally be required to lift or move objects up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include being
able to react to sounds exceeding 65dB.
- The position is full-time and based on a 5-day work week 1st
- The schedule calls for hours around 7:30am-5pm with adjustments
varying by team.
- Schedules will be flexed for weekend, holiday and night shift
coverage depending on business need.
- The Photo Process Engineering team participates in a rotating
shift schedule to ensure equivalent opportunity for day and night
- It is essential that photo engineers be available for both day
and night shift coverage to ensure operational and productivity
requirements are met.
- Limited on call is associated with the engineering position
based on unexpected failure issues.
- Potential requirement to travel abroad for training or
technical information transfer. These are not done on a regular
basis, but are as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Required Education and Experience.
- B.S. in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical),
Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or similar technical
- Preferred Education and Experience.
- 4-year bachelors degree in engineering.
- 6-10+ years experience in semiconductor process
- Knowledge of scripting language (Python, R, VBA, or JSL
- Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable).
- AAP/EEO Statement.
defaults according to your location. You can change
Country/Language at the bottom of the page. If you are European
Economic Resident, please click here.
Keywords: Samsung Austin Semiconductor, Austin , Photo Process Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!