Company: Kitchell Corporation
Posted on: June 14, 2019
We are seeking a Project Engineer to assist the job team with daily
duties and resolving issues that occur with each project. Duties
are maintaining the construction schedule, procurement, meeting
minutes, RFI's, COR's, job safety, walking the project, etc. Serve
as the communication hub for the Architect, Engineers, Owner, Job
Team, Subcontractors, Inspectors, community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops full understanding of the scope and interdependence of
all contract documents.
* Observes and records jobsite activity in accordance with required
* Manages effective document control mechanisms for the project to
ensure that work is performed in accordance with contract
* Evaluates change order requests including design changes,
specifications and drawing releases and reports status.
* Evaluates submittals of shop drawings, material data and samples
and takes appropriate action based upon contract
* Reviews and processes as-built drawings to ensure that all
changes during the course of construction are recorded.
* Reviews the project schedule and assists the project manager in
the maintenance of it as requested.
* Manages the request for information process in order to
facilitate the timely exchange of information between designer and
* Assists the project manager in the maintenance of effective cost
control mechanisms for the project.
* Completes project close out requirements in accordance with
* Coordinates meeting agendas, prepares minutes and follows up on
* Administers quality control program as outlined in the project
* Becomes familiar with safety requirements of the project and
* Utilizes safe work practices and follows directives, policies and
procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work
* Maintains effective and professional relationships with owners,
architects, engineers and contractors.
Employee-owned Kitchell seeks an experienced Project Engineer to
join our Austin, Texas region and build a long-term career at one
of the most innovative and growth-oriented building companies in
the United States.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* Knowledge of construction and engineering related processes, as
well as industry practices.
* Knowledge of the roles and interdependence between the
contractor, designer, owner and construction manager.
* Effective computer skills including proficient use of Microsoft
Office software required and project management (Prolog) and
scheduling database (P6) software desirable.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the
ability to foster effective interpersonal relationships.
* Ability to read and comprehend technical drawings and
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
university in architecture, engineering, construction management or
related field required.
* Minimum 1 year position related work experience in construction
management or related field required.
* Field office and jobsite environment, with occasional offsite
* Daily touring of project construction site through all phases,
requiring strenuous walking and wearing personal protective
* Visual and manual dexterity for computer work.
* Able to work in outdoor elements and jobsite conditions.
* Occasional climbing, use of ladders and lifts, and walking
through work sites during various stages of construction.
****PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST OF PROJECTS****
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
1Thank you for your interest in KITCHELL. Our records indicate that
you have already submitted an application for employment. Should
your prior experience match our business needs, you will be
contacted by a representative of our company.The goal of the
questions that you have just answered is to help determine if this
opportunity would be a good match for you and our company. At this
time your qualifications do not match any of our positions. Your
application will remain active for 30 days. Please do not reapply
during this time period, as your application will register in the
system as "Already Applied". Thank you for your interest in
employment with us.
Keywords: Kitchell Corporation, Austin , Project Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!