Virtual Solutions Engineer
Company: Riverbed Technology
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Log back in!
VIRTUAL SOLUTIONS ENGINEER
Job Locations US-TX-Austin
With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud
Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed The Digital
Performance Company provides a modern IT architecture for the
digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility
and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business
performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and
experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to
push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue
and 30,000+ customers including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of
the Forbes Global 100.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Title: Virtual Solutions Engineers
Location: Austin TX
Riverbed is seeking a Virtual Solutions Engineer for immediate
hire. In this role, you be a member of the Virtual Engineering
Support Team providing engineering support to the following
* Inside Commercial Sales Executives;
* Channel Sales Managers (CSMs):
* Riverbed Costa Rica sales team; and
* All Americas Riverbed partners.
You will function in a highly technical pre-sales environment. You
will learn about the complete Riverbed portfolio and how to apply
those components. You will design and build bill of materials (BoM)
to solve business problems and achieve desired business outcomes.
Travel requirement is less than 25%.
* Serve as the technical subject matter expert throughout the sales
process. Owning and managing various pre-sales activities including
technical presentations, demonstrations, and proof of concept
* Collaborate with the ISR team and jointly owning the sales
* Build and increase Riverbed s relevance with customers by
qualifying customer s needs, desired outcomes & benefits and
positioning the breadth of the Riverbed Solution portfolio in
context to it.
* Cross-sell / Up-sell: Identify and execute relevant sales plays,
pipeline development initiatives and PS offerings by either
Riverbed or the partner
* Interface with Product Management to relay market demands from
* Understand and document customer business & technical
requirements and use them to create value based proposals,
addressing business drivers & pain points guiding the technical
sales cycle towards a technical close & a business win.
* Identify the correct partner to engage on the sales opportunity
with the Commercial ISR and the CSM.
* Assist the regional CSMs with general partner enablement
including virtual lunch-n-learns, demonstrations and technical web
* Assist the regional CSMs with any sales activity outside of the
* Assist in the development and training of new Commercial ISRs and
* Provide technical support and enablement with our regional
* Conduct BoM reviews with our partners on non-named account
* BS/BA in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) with at least 5+ years
experience in a pre-sales role
* Experience in a pre-sales role, with a understanding of sales
cycles and various selling strategies.
* Experience in the Next Generation Networking technologies
including SDWAN & Application Acceleration
* Experience with digital experience management including End User
Experience (EUE), Application Performance Management (APM) and
Network Performance Management (NPM) * Excellent written and verbal
communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
* Ability to successfully complete sales presentations on one s
* Must have very strong networking, switching, and routing
background (L2 - 3) Cloud and SaaS experience is important
* Applications experience Microsoft, CIFS, MAPI, NFS etc.
* In-depth TCP/IP knowledge, network design experience Hands on
troubleshooting, configuration and implementation
* Have knowledge of virtualization platforms like HyperVisor, KVM
* Operations and information systems management experience a
* Relevant competitive knowledge, including: industry, technologies
and product offerings, evolving technologies, and threats.
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best
minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting
edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture
that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse
work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing,
and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our
Learn more about Riverbed: www.riverbed.com
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal
employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
TAGS: APM, DevOps, End-User Experience Monitoring, EUE,
NET instrumentation,.NET monitoring,.NET analysis,.NET performance,
service map,Dashboard,application dashboard, single pane of glass,
Application Performance Management, APM Tools, Digital performance
management, digital customer experience, customer experience
monitoring, application monitoring, application instrumentation,
bytecode instrumentation, Java monitoring, Java analysis, Java
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
Keywords: Riverbed Technology, Austin , Virtual Solutions Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!