Demo Platform Engineer
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people
and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services
for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help
communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises
deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists
and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies
that will increasingly transform the way people and things
communicate and connect.
Nokia is the global leader in software solution for the
communications industry. We are delivering the next generation of
IoT, 5G and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize
the way they operate, manage, sell, service and market. We focus on
great ideas and working on things that matter. By always focusing
on the customer, we create new products and that are used by
billions of people every day. Join our team if you love amazing
customers and dreaming big.
Job Position Summary Description:
Are you passionate about cloud technologies and building scalable
platforms* Do you thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative
environment* We are seeking a highly motivated Engineer for our
Nokia Software (NSW) demo enablement team. You will help deliver a
single NSW Demo Portal to enable full product demonstrations around
the world. This is a vital part of our sales vision at NSW and are
looking for the right person to help us take this to the next
level. We're a closely-knit team with a focus on agile development
and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity,
collaboration, ingenuity, and technical excellence.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
* Work in a team environment to define requirements, design, and
implement an innovative SaaS application.
Develop automated tests for application validation in a full CI/CD
pipeline. * Build automation tools and frameworks for on-demand
deployment environments, application definition, availability,
security, monitoring and alerting.
* Applying your skills to all parts of the application stack
Location: Candidate should be located in: Austin or Plano, TX.
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Technical
* Bachelors Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information
Technology, or technical field.
* At least 10 years of experience developing software
* 1-2 years of agile development experience.
* Python development experience
* Experience using cloud architecture and providers (AWS, Azure,
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
* CI/CD experience (Jenkins - Containers - Cloud)
* Comfortable writing tests, maintaining your own builds as well as
others, and deploying code as well as performing code reviews.
* Experience working closely with international cross-functional
* Strong ability in organizing and managing multiple projects,
tasks and changing priorities.
* Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven
* Innovator with good ideas, strong problem-solving abilities, and
a results-oriented attitude.
* Remains actively engaged in the technology industry and
understands how the evolving technologies can benefit Nokia and its
* Good interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability
to thrive in a collaborative environment with multi-disciplinary
* Self-motivation you like to figure out how to get the work done
and do whatever it takes.
Other desirable experience
* Startup experience
* Test Driven Development (TDD) experience
* Django experience
* Familiar with UI frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
* AWS cloud experience (EKS, ECR, VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3,
CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, Redshift, RDS, SNS, SQS, Lambda)
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color,
national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Nokia, Austin , Demo Platform Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!