Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Company: Civitas Learning
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Civitas Learning is bringing together the best of new technology, design thinking, and data science in our mission to help one million more students graduate each year. We are building a data platform and cloud-based applications to deliver insights and action analytics to the frontlines of education. We are looking for insanely talented people who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves with us to make it all happen, and do the best work of their careers. We are looking for dedicated engineers to be part of a talented, mission-driven team that is building powerful tools which greatly increase student success. As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you have a unique opportunity to develop key components of a large scale, multi-tenant data collection, data integration, complex data computation, and high speed data presentation and visualization system. You will demonstrate a relentless pursuit of both quality and value while extending and improving our predictive modeling framework. Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with data scientists, product managers, and software engineers to develop and support powerful predictive models and machine learning capabilities that fuel applications affecting millions of students.
- Help to architect and build the framework to ingest and transform data variables, select and validate model features and parameters, and build and maintain thousands of machine learning models for hundreds of partner institutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on ensuring model quality and performance using automated tests and visual analytics.
- Demonstrate and express value of machine learning applications to non-technical stakeholders such as internal Partner Services teams. Qualifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (or equivalent experience). Graduate degree preferred.
- 4-7 years software development experience with a focus on Java, Python, object-oriented programming, and functional programming.
- Minimum 2 years experience implementing machine learning models that solve real-world problems in a production software environment.
- Deep understanding of statistical concepts including p-values, confidence intervals, bootstrap sampling, and hypothesis testing.
- Familiarity with predictive modeling techniques, machine learning concepts, and implementation choices according to use cases.
- Knowledge of RDBMS (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.), being proficient with SQL. Nice to have
- Familiarity with distributed data framework, and experience with open-source ML packages & environments such as Spark ML, Scikit-learn, R, notebooks, etc.
- Experience in Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum, etc.). About Civitas Learning: Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & studentsand measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes. Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 350 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the worlds learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025. Civitas Learning offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k plan. We also have a generous flexible, paid time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: Civitas Learning, Austin , Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!